988 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says

never mind, but i still wonder about the real reason of multiple rejections on my business card template submission. Maybe is my paranoia or maybe just coz the “top seller” under business cards is Reviewer him self and my submission was similar in style to his?...there are things some of us may need to ask them selfs …i guess :-)

2201 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
ArikB says
never mind, but i still wonder about the real reason of multiple rejections on my business card template submission. Maybe is my paranoia or maybe just coz the “top seller” under business cards is Reviewer him self and my submission was similar in style to his?...there are things some of us may need to ask them selfs …i guess :-)

I can state personally that that has nothing to do with it. I’ve accepted cards that pretty much copy half my description and then use the same elements in the card. The amount of Helvetica LT with centered text cards that I have seen come by and approved is actually more than the other styles of cards when considered seperately (by style that is).

If someone were to copy my card, or any file for that matter, then we would let you know in the note.

Also, I never thought my card would hit off like that. I just wanted to upload something to show to the authors that the person who is reviewing their files can actually produce an approvable file. Otherwise I had expected to get a ton of complaints which were all aimed at me being an incompetent reviewer because I can’t produce anything worthwhile. So when it did hit off, that came as a surprise.

I can see where you are coming from but I’d like to point out that the general procedure for the ‘doubt’ files is to put them on hold with a note from the reviewer for the other reviewers and their opinions. Then we base the decision on the opinion of multiple reviewers.

988 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says

Thanks for the clarification…that make sense + i agree, you never know what buyers can be after before you try it…in esence, my “simple design” could maybe sell as much as your “something” file :-) peace

by
by
by
by
by
by