33 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
Enru_Chem says

I’ve found that a response from Envato can be very lengthy, especially with common problems.

Though I have nothing but kind words for this company, I feel as though they may have too much of a workflow due to the high volumes of people signing-up.

Uploading can sometimes take up to a few days before you hear whether or not you’re approved, delaying your work process. (Example: I submitted my first ThemeForest html template and am waiting to see if I get approved to know if I’m going in the right direction.)

Is it possible Envato is looking in to this? Are they possibly hiring more reviewers? Is it really a problem, or is this an isolated problem?

Love to hear what you guys think.

346 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ireland
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
musicformedia says

lol I wonder how many of these threads that are created every month?

If you have a search of the forums, you’ll see everywhere, everyone asks this question. 24-48hrs is a really really really fast turn around time. Try uploading to any other stock media site and see how long you’re waiting for :)

Most can take up to a week or more to get back to you :)

33 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Enru_Chem says

Though submitting my file for review was just one concern, my other concern was the response time of contacting support.

I don’t believe it should take any company a week to respond to emails. Turn around times should be within a day, or two. Maybe even having customer support chat.

After futher thinking, I do agree with you on file submitting. I just feel that it was faster when I first joined, compared to now.

Now, I only wrote this Thread to show concern and constructive critisim, not to wine and complain. I only want to better the company by giving my opinion and feedback. I believe in Envato and am proud to be apart of it.

2479 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+1 more
LucidStudios says

Yes, envato indeed need help and you can help them by not sending envato support staff un-necessary emails. If you have uploaded a file to any of the marketplace then you will receive an email once it’s been reviewed by a reviewer. :)

3143 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Canada
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+7 more
ADG3studios Staff says

Saafi how was breakfast there? Happy 1800 :D

Enru, MfM pretty much said it right, and he knows from experience :)

It may take some time, but whatever you send does get looked at. Of course it’s understandably perplexing to wonder whats going on after a few days, but sometimes issues aren’t always clear cut, and one person often doesn’t have all the answers. So there’s often some communication going on before responses are issued. And it is true that the process can get slowed by many requests which are lesser priorities but still need to be addressed.

We like to to think we try our best, faster than the rest and we’ll always thank you guys for your persevering patience too :)

Hang in there and don’t watch the pot too much ;)

33 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Enru_Chem says
Saafi how was breakfast there? Happy 1800 :D

Enru, MfM pretty much said it right, and he knows from experience :)

It may take some time, but whatever you send does get looked at. Of course it’s understandably perplexing to wonder whats going on after a few days, but sometimes issues aren’t always clear cut, and one person often doesn’t have all the answers. So there’s often some communication going on before responses are issued. And it is true that the process can get slowed by many requests which are lesser priorities but still need to be addressed.

We like to to think we try our best, faster than the rest and we’ll always thank you guys for your persevering patience too :)

Hang in there and don’t watch the pot too much ;)

Thanks for all the responses. I always try to practice patience, and this isn’t an angry Thread. Just a concerned one. Cheers to you guys.

2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+8 more
JeffreyWay Moderator says

@Enru – Just to clarify, ThemeForest very rarely goes over the 24 hour turn-around time. If we do, it might be on the weekends; but generally speaking, we’re quite efficient! :)

120 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United Kingdom
cdavidson says

yep if u think themeforest is slow try graphic river.. takes days for you to get approved. always found themeforest faster and always within 24hours if not less.

1234 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
MBMedia says

Approving/not approving on GraphicRiver would be extremely subjective. I would hope they have as few reviewers as possible or else there would be zero consistency in the quality of what gets approved and what doesn’t.

988 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Turkey
  • Won a Competition
thomas07 says

Not sure about the other envato marketplaces, but at graphicriver i get my subs reviewed within 24 hours mostly. My only concern is the submissions get reviewed for approval by different persons from the support. The reasons of submission rejected sometimes are getting funny. Lastly i got a business card submission which was rejected already 3 times by 3 different support persons and all with different reasons. At the end i must find out “my design is so simple to be listed on the marketplace”. I mean if specific item categories get checked by specific support people who are involved in this branches can be more helpfull and can save the staff a lot of time. Also this can save us the efforts to modify/improve the rejected submission…not complaining, just my 2 cents.

by
by
by
by
by
by