600 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Located in Australia Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
TortoiseTree says

I’ve been looking around at other AudioJungle authors’ work and I’ve noticed some have YouTube accounts (where their AudioJungle Music is featured) and others don’t. It seems to be a lot of work making the video, uploading it on youtube and getting all the links in, but I’ve noticed it has worked quite well for some of the authors. For those of you who do have YouTube channels where your music is (exclusively) featured, does it work? Have you seen a healthy increase of sales after you put your music up? Did you feel that the amount of sales vs. the amount of work it took to set up your YouTube channel was worth it?

112 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
FHR says

Yes! this is what I wanted to write too!
Let’s make demos! Let’s exchange with subscriptions and video-responses, It has a positive effect on the development of our Youtube channels and this will raise the popularity of our Demo clips on YouTube. As the result, it will help to spread the information about our activity. YouTube is the power – let’s use it properly!

I create a demo for my tracks and i have started Youtube demo series “Audiojungle Hits”. They’re supposed to be Demo Clips of 5 minute durations (1 minute per track), the authors and AJ links are specified. I’m planning to upload new issues of the demo clips regulary. The goal is the information exchange and mutual help in AJ music promotion.

The questions are:
May we post links about our initiative on the Youtube? Wouldn’t that be a violation of the rules?

p.s.
you can find my YouTube channel through my profile

161 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
AlexanderRufire says

Hi,
I created my YT channel for AJ account just about month ago, upload there some of my new tracks at those time and see no effect totally.. 0 subscribers was week ago and little amount of views (50% of views must be mine :) ).
And this is in contrast with video ,where I uploaded my not-aj track on other yt account, there just simple slideshow of pictures alongs track, but it have about 200 views after one month , about 30 likes, and some positive comments..
Tags of both videos are almost same, except “audiojungle” and “royalty free”.. I also thought about uploading that not-aj track to TRAX category here and maybe it’ll be some sales..

So, now I have idea that buyers of royalty-free music search tracks here mostly, they does’t need other services, youtube is just unnecessary for that, cuz we have our AJ accounts with portfolio, collections possibility of following etc for easy search and listening.
However, simple music are good for that way of sharing and promotion.

112 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
FHR says

You can not expect a quick effect! YouTube promo is a process in time, like many other forms of advertising . Important to correctly set up YouTube videos and channel (title, tag, etc). Useful for the development of the channel frequently adding new demo videos

287 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
adammonroe says

It works for certain things…it’s probably more useful for creating awareness than it is for directly generating sales.

Probably the only way to get anyone to see your youtube video besides friends and family is to figure out what piece of music your music sounds like, and make your video a video response to an already existing video that is already getting a decent amount of traffic.

Another thing I’ve seen some composers do is video reviews of samples libraries whenever they come out. The trick is, you feature projects your working on in the review. This obviously won’t generate too many sales – as most of the people searching for a videos like these will be composers and musicians – but again, it will get your name and your work in people’s ears, which is never a bad thing. More exposure is never a bad thing, anyway you slice it, IMO . Maybe it won’t generate too many AJ sales, but it could definitely lead to more interesting opportunities.

49 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
GBREAL says

I haven’t notice any sales increase but I have had some contacts ask about producing / selling music for some projects.

205 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
TJMusic says

I almost got no other sales than from Youtube promotion. I don’t think that anybody could find my music by just searching inside AudioJungle anyway – without being on top when sorted by sales, it’s impossible to get any presence and views statistics confirm that.

The key points in Youtube promotion are the good keywords in film title/description/tags and the quality of the video. Some of my videos don’t get much traffic on themselves, but one of them has already got 14000 visits after 7 months and has lead to several sales and plenty of referrals. The quality, on the other hand, is an important factor, not only to better advertise the music, but also to gather natural linking and to influence the ‘related videos’ algorithm, because it’s officially stated that it takes the audience retention into account, and a poor video will not hold the audience for long. This is the part I’m still working on, because making a good video is probably more work than making a good music.

I will post a separate thread when I finish a video that I consider ‘good’ – I’m working with one since April and it will still take a few months to complete. Whether it will pay of or not, I’ll see when I do it :)

505 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog Located in Italy
+1 more
bosone says

for me, I don’t think so. I give you an example: i’m selling 2 lullaby cds on itunes and I made some promotional video for both albums:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7At60z-eu7M http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSafNflsIwI

both have more than 10.000 visits (13.000 the first 10.600 the second). One may suppose that, if visits generate sales, than I would sell more or less the same amount of both albums. this is not true, since the first albums sells several copies/month, while for the second i get one sale every now and then. So I don’t think youtube is an “important” way to generate sales (at least for my itunes CDs)!

I can also say that facebook ads are completetely useless. I tried a very cheap FB campaign last year but I am absolutely certain that it not produced one single sale for me!

572 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
tacoMusic says

Like any marketing strategy, it’s about targeted traffic – if you’re not getting the right audience to view your videos, then you won’t get conversions. Visits / views is not directly reflective of sales, so it would be very unrealistic to expect the same number of sales as visits.

I forget something an online marketer told me about conversion percentages, but it’s low, something like a good rate would be around 1-2% of the traffic will become buyers.

Just focus on reaching your niche, 2 million hits from uninterested viewers who aren’t going to buy isn’t worth as much as 50 visitors that will buy your tracks. It takes more work and time, but that’s the general rule of thumb in business – build incrementally. The other approach is based on luck and hope, basically a lottery mentality.

507 posts Epic Trailer Music
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
MartijndeBont says

Like any marketing strategy, it’s about targeted traffic – if you’re not getting the right audience to view your videos, then you won’t get conversions. Visits / views is not directly reflective of sales, so it would be very unrealistic to expect the same number of sales as visits.

I forget something an online marketer told me about conversion percentages, but it’s low, something like a good rate would be around 1-2% of the traffic will become buyers.

Just focus on reaching your niche, 2 million hits from uninterested viewers who aren’t going to buy isn’t worth as much as 50 visitors that will buy your tracks. It takes more work and time, but that’s the general rule of thumb in business – build incrementally. The other approach is based on luck and hope, basically a lottery mentality.

Well said Taco, thats spot on!

by
by
by
by
by
by