60 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
TrapezeArtiste says

Hey Jungleholics!

I joined Audiojungle last year but only added a few things.

I started really using it at the start of March this year as I work as a Magician/Musician in London and as most of my work is at night I needed something to occupy myself during the day!

I’ve got 15 items in my portfolio and have found that so far I have sold at least one or two of almost everything I have uploaded but I am wondering if that’s just because they are new.

One of the tracks I put up last year has sold every month since, if that happened with a lot of tracks then that would certainly justify the time spent on each one. (As well as the great enjoyment I get from making music!)

Do you guys find you sell tracks that you made a long time ago or is it mostly sales soon after the upload?

1549 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
SoundFix says

Hey dude!

16 in my portfolio. I have one track which is my ‘hit’, but apart from that I have a few that sell every now and then and some that sold at first never to sell again haha. If it wasn’t for that one track, which makes up for over half my sales, I wouldn’t have made much money at all.

Sorry this is so long winded! Basically, most tracks I’ve written sold at first and that’s it. :) I guess the key is to upload as regularly as you can, the high quality tracks in the hope that some of them will become popular.

60 posts
+1 more
TrapezeArtiste says

You’ve had a healthy amount of sales for 16 tracks well done!

My mate James has had about 2300 sales from 130 items, if you got your portfolio bigger I’m sure you would have similar results!

572 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
tacoMusic says

I used to sell older tracks randomly here and there, but now it seems to only be newer tracks that get snapped up (then fade away into the abyss of the other 100,000 items after a couple of days of course). Probably because my portfolio was smaller in the beginning, so the ‘older tracks’ still seemed ‘new’ if you know what I mean.

Apart from the tracks in my portfolio that have a history of selling well, my experience is that older tracks aren’t found after a while – that’s based on view stats as well. All that said, the Easter hangover still hasn’t shaken off on AJ for me, so the love is low sales-wise at the moment regardless of the age of my tracks it seems!

AJ staff – how about you give me a forum super star badge for complaining about my sales so much? I’m a hero in that way. Or even one of those moustache icons? Anything? :)

60 posts
+1 more
TrapezeArtiste says

I guess the best approach us to keep creating and hopefully the occasional track will do really well!

205 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+3 more
TJMusic says

Why old tracks would sell any worse than new tracks? New tracks get 1-2 sales at most when they are on first page – this is as good as nothing actually. The only sales possible to achieve are these coming from external promotion – and this is working even better for old tracks, because building a good network promoting each track takes time.

2003 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Sometimes I sell a old track for the first time (I have over 100 Items) and I’m surprised! Even more when it’s sold a second time short after that :D!
Nothing is impossible i guess ;)

342 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
soundtrove says

I haven’t been around AJ long enough to really have a track record but like a lot of others – I get the usual 1-2 sales on new tracks and then they go dormant. For those with 0 sales I after 12 months I might consider trying them elsewhere.

by
by
by
by
by
by