1732 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

Well I plan to work as hard as possible the next couple of months, hopefully by march (ish) I’ll know if it’s possible

If you feel your plans fail by march, PM me anytime, I could give you a kick if you are good at WP. (we have a word here: a kick in the back, a step forward)

1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

Well I plan to work as hard as possible the next couple of months, hopefully by march (ish) I’ll know if it’s possible
If you feel your plans fail by march, PM me anytime, I could give you a kick if you are good at WP. (we have a word here: a kick in the back, a step forward)

I’ll keep you to that! I’ll have to keep you updated!

1823 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

17k a year? Dollars? GBP? I thought the salaries in UK are bigger. If you’re good with it(not junior), I think that’s quite low.

1034 posts
+2 more
BenSheppard says

17k a year? Dollars? GBP? I thought the salaries in UK are bigger. If you’re good with it(not junior), I think that’s quite low.

£17,000, I am a junior however. You think I’d earn more or less working for myself?

1823 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

That’s around $2k. Well, that’s quite hard, but if you work hard and you have, you could do it from TF, if you do partnerships(no investment). Or you could buy designs and earn them more easily, but it’ll cost you.

SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
372 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
SnoopyIndustries says

Hi Ben,

I saw myself in the same sit as you are in now just 5 months ago. My GF was moving in with me in about a month, I was working 8hrs/day at a company, going to university as well and also working as a freelancer when I got a time. I was working, like FinalDestiny as a freelancer for a big US company in a part-time permanent job so I was already “tasting” the money and spirit of working as a freelancer, as opposed to working between fixed hours and having to take crap from a yankee boss who managed to get rid of feeding cattle and got into a big position in a big company. (those are my frustrations anyway).

After deciding I must go one way, and choosing this one I fount it amazing. I immediately found another project-based sort of full-time job which goes great for me and things are going awesome between that, the other job and a bit of project work for Themeforest. I sleep when I want for however much I want, I wake up whenever, work whenever I want, play whenever I want and so on.

Pros of Freelancing: - Work/sleep/eat/play/watch movies/have sex/ drink whenever you want (even while working lol) - For me at least, A LOT more money, as Romania is how Final Destiny described it - Freedom - NO BOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cons: - Free time is perhaps not always as much as you’d like it to be, but sometimes it’s better than working 8h/day+1 going back and from work. - Lack of a proper CV and a proper experience from an employee’s point of view

1034 posts
+2 more
BenSheppard says

Hi Ben,

I saw myself in the same sit as you are in now just 5 months ago. My GF was moving in with me in about a month, I was working 8hrs/day at a company, going to university as well and also working as a freelancer when I got a time. I was working, like FinalDestiny as a freelancer for a big US company in a part-time permanent job so I was already “tasting” the money and spirit of working as a freelancer, as opposed to working between fixed hours and having to take crap from a yankee boss who managed to get rid of feeding cattle and got into a big position in a big company. (those are my frustrations anyway).

After deciding I must go one way, and choosing this one I fount it amazing. I immediately found another project-based sort of full-time job which goes great for me and things are going awesome between that, the other job and a bit of project work for Themeforest. I sleep when I want for however much I want, I wake up whenever, work whenever I want, play whenever I want and so on.

Pros of Freelancing: - Work/sleep/eat/play/watch movies/have sex/ drink whenever you want (even while working lol) - For me at least, A LOT more money, as Romania is how Final Destiny described it - Freedom - NO BOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cons: - Free time is perhaps not always as much as you’d like it to be, but sometimes it’s better than working 8h/day+1 going back and from work. - Lack of a proper CV and a proper experience from an employee’s point of view

I’m not one for “free time” when I was 13 I started to learn web design and my free time was building websites, very sad I know. My friends would be playing xbox whist I was learning php. Nothing really changed from that
Those cons don’t sound too bad, the experience isn’t that bad as long as you’ve got a large portfolio I find.

It’s finding that nice freelance job that’ll allow me to work from home, that’d be perfect!

SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
372 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
SnoopyIndustries says

£17,000, I am a junior however. You think I’d earn more or less working for myself?

You could top 2k /month easily by working as a freelancer, but it would be even more likely if you would get a full-time-like partnership. A client who has endless work for you. I’m not hugely experienced here on TF, but from what I’ve seen at some and can imagine after seeing a few “evolutions” here on TF, I think that from this only and with 1 theme every 3-4 weeks (which is very doable if you only focus on launching themes) you can average over 2k/month. However, don’t take my word over the TF thing, I’m not anywhere close to that yet.

1034 posts
+2 more
BenSheppard says

You could top 2k /month easily by working as a freelancer, but it would be even more likely if you would get a full-time-like partnership. A client who has endless work for you. I’m not hugely experienced here on TF, but from what I’ve seen at some and can imagine after seeing a few “evolutions” here on TF, I think that from this only and with 1 theme every 3-4 weeks (which is very doable if you only focus on launching themes) you can average over 2k/month. However, don’t take my word over the TF thing, I’m not anywhere close to that yet.

I have made a partnership and he is a pretty damn good designer so working on a good few themes, hopefully plan to make an impact rather soon!

1732 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

I have made a partnership and he is a pretty damn good designer so working on a good few themes, hopefully plan to make an impact rather soon!

You can design too, and if you sharpen your blade good enough, I bet you are a tough competitor. If you are really good at WP and coding, the next step is typography, layout, basics of chromatic, you know.. stuff.

Find your own unique style and do it.

by
by
by
by
by
by