685 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
PaBlikMM says

Hi, i was just wondering if you can remember your very first song you ever composed and produced :)

And if you can share with us :)

My very first song i produced (with produced i mean i can listen to them, not only play on guitar for friends) was in the year 1992 and it was very sad composittion called “Death before Life” :) It started with an bep bep bep beeeeeep :D

Yeah, i was 12 years old and i remember the girl it was written for (today married with 3 children :) ) I wish i can share this “song” but it was lost on crashed HDD (with another hundred of songs i wrote between 1992-2000:( ). I can also remember those 8 tracks in FastTracker 2.0 :) Not very good song and sound – but it was the first – if you know what i mean :D

Lets share some melancholy an memories – not a big deal, just for fun :)

Keep on rocking and create some great music!

Pavel “CHA!”

310 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Novak5 says

Hi, i was just wondering if you can remember your very first song you ever composed and produced :)

And if you can share with us :)

My very first song i produced (with produced i mean i can listen to them, not only play on guitar for friends) was in the year 1992 and it was very sad composittion called “Death before Life” :) It started with an bep bep bep beeeeeep :D

Yeah, i was 12 years old and i remember the girl it was written for (today married with 3 children :) ) I wish i can share this “song” but it was lost on crashed HDD (with another hundred of songs i wrote between 1992-2000:( ). I can also remember those 8 tracks in FastTracker 2.0 :) Not very good song and sound – but it was the first – if you know what i mean :D

Lets share some melancholy an memories – not a big deal, just for fun :)

Keep on rocking and create some great music!

Pavel “CHA!”

Oh, man, that realy great/sad story. :)

My very first was some blac-metal, in Norwegian stile, God, I forgot how it calls… It was made on an acoustic guitar that my father bought in Bulgaria, abouth 20 years before.

It was about 8 minute and lyrics on two A4 format :D

314 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
AudioAgent says

I think the very first song that I considered my own composition was back when I was about 8-9 yrs old. I made it on my Casio keyboard and the tune exploited Casio’s pre-made, amazing rhythms..can’t remember which tho. The song also relied on such an original chord progression as Am-F-G-Am. Too bad I can’t remember song’s title or if it actually even had one.

After my keyboard / piano period I moved on making music on guitar when I was around 12-13, but those tunes are also lost in time for good. Soon after that I started my midi-music and Cakewalk period. I even still have some of those songs on my hard drive, but they are so much on the avant garde -side that I don’t plan on publishing them anytime soon :)

383 posts
+2 more
Revturkey says

Well, my very first song is in my portfolio! I had written plenty of instrumental stuff before but the very first actual thing with words and singing was called ‘In a Spin’ go have a listen if you are bored:

http://audiojungle.net/item/in-a-spin/4277514

It really gets going around 3:35 or thereabouts…

:)

2124 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

My very first composition (instrumental) was at age of 12 or 13. I had to practice to play something on keyboard, for a musical education class in primary school. I had all the notes and I was practicing, but that composition somehow didn’t sound quite right and eventually I decided to create my own composition :) Although, I never told that to my teacher, which was probably a bad decision. :)

82 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Ukraine
gvsmusic says

I don’t, I was only 5) Still, now is being uploaded my “Adagio”, which I composed, when I was 8. The arrangement was made a bit later but the melody at the age of 8)

1417 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
LumenMedia says

I recorded my first song using 4 analogue synthesizers and tape recorder somewhere in 90’s. At that time I was huge fan of Jean Michele Jarre

82 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Ukraine
gvsmusic says

I recorded my first song using 4 analogue synthesizers and tape recorder somewhere in 90’s. At that time I was huge fan of Jean Michele Jarre

Holy shi~, you are true! \m/

1417 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
LumenMedia says
Yes i am. :) Should i explain how happy i am recording music digitally nowadays?

Holy shi~, you are true! \m/
1287 posts
+4 more
UJ-pro says

Hi LumenMedia,

if you were a big fan of J. M. Jarre you should have a listen to this track :D : http://audiojungle.net/item/heart-of-jarre/4200281

It’ not exactly Jarre but it contains some typical elements.

I tried to forget my first composed song. :D

In the 80s I started with my christmas present Fostex X-15. A 4-track tape machine. It was about 1,500 $ in germany.

Followed by my first sequencer program “Supertrack” from C-Lab on Commodore C64.

I used the instruments of my father. Before I started sequencing I played Hammond M-100, Fender Rhodes Mark II, Hohner D-6 Clavinet, Crumar String Ensemble.

During the Commodore time I used 2x Yamaha DX-7 Yamaha RX-11 drum machine Yamaha RX-21L latin prec. machine Crumar Bit-01 19”

Sometimes I recorded the drum patterns with supertrack and send the tracks to a sound of a DX-7. Really interesting and new sequence lines came out I never could have played on my own because of the extreme short note events.

omg, what a great time.

by
by
by
by
by
by