57 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Europe
Blunny says

Sadly i can’t..I find it hard(impossible) to ‘furn off’ my brain. That’s why i suffer from insomnia.
:c
You are wrong. it is possible to not think. Even for you. It’s just like anything else in life. It requires a little practice and discipline. You can’t just try once, give and say that it’s impossible. You have to focus on the nothing that is in front of you when you close your eyes. When you catch yourself starting to think of something, stop it.
I know it’s possible, but i can’t do it. I’ve so many tried and still ‘am trying.

What if you just don’t try to “do it”? It’s kind of like non-doing :-) Just let all the thoughts come and go and just wave at them as they pass by!

Don’t get me wrong, it is hard, but especially because of that it’s easy to counterintuitively turn it into a task or a performance.

751 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CyberShot says

I don’t think you are trying to start an argument. It’s simply a discussion.

I can assure you that lucid dreaming is very very real and very possible. When I achieved my WILD, I was very aware of what was going on. It was actually the second lucid dream I have had in my life. The first one is what made me seek out what had happened which is what led me to learning about wilds in the first place. When I had my wild dream, I found myself standing in a dark place. I clearly remember questioning how I had gotten there because I don’t remember the passage of time from when I was laying in bed with my cleared mind to the point I was standing in the dark. I am 100% clear that I was fully aware of what was happening and not just thinking that I was. I know I wasn’t just dreaming the illusion of control. I didn’t go flying around or do anything fantastic. Actually, it’s the opposite. When you have a lucid dream, flying becomes very hard because of the fact that you are aware. Even though you are dreaming, your brain still tells you that flying is impossible. When you achieve a WILD, you are not suppose to try and do anything. Simply follow the dream where it takes you. If you try to control things, you will lose the awareness and lose the dream. That is ultimately what happened to me.

1734 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

When you wake up you feel like it was real but you notice odd things after thinking about it for a while.

It’s interesting that many people think this is the wake-up state, and that the “dream” is less valid than it. Yes, when you think about it, in other words when you kill your experience with your limited, externally conditioned logic. Robert Monroe has one of the most recommended books on lucid dreaming instructions, haven’t read it yet.

Our mind is very easily deceived to think some things are “real” (or that anything is “real”). Most of us are conditioned by it to an extreme.

1620 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
cyzer says

Another Question: How do you do it ? can you tell more about your techniques, what you feel?

1734 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

what you feel

This really varies from person to person, as there is said to be about 84,000 types of formations that one can experience during meditation, as many types of people there are on Earth. So knowing this can not be of any help, and can actually be detrimental if one starts comparing experiences.

The general experience I have, is of learning more and letting go. :)

107 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
KurtBilisim says

When you achieve a WILD, you are not suppose to try and do anything. Simply follow the dream where it takes you. If you try to control things, you will lose the awareness and lose the dream.

But isn’t this how normal dreams work already? Just watching. Also losing awareness happened to me as well. It felt like every step I was creating, I was also fighting not to wake up. Then I saw I woke up, took my clipboard and pencil near bed, took notes to remember it in the morning, then slept again, continue the experience where I left. This happened like 3 or 4 times, I took notes everytime. The problem is the pencil and clipboard wasn’t actually near my bed and I never woke up and took any notes. However I could swear I did. The weird part is that I realised about notes when I actually thought about it. It felt like a memory until I realised. This leads me to believe all that “control” is nothing but another dream illusion, it just feels real but not.

57 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Europe
Blunny says

Mindfulness meditation always makes me feel very good. My problem is that I’m not grounded enough and can often “live in my head”, so being mindful is a very good way to snap out of it. There’s also kind of “another level” of mindfulness that I sometimes experience, which is when I let go of attempting to control everything (which is all an illusion anyway). Everything feels very vivid then. It feels like every fiber of my being takes in the life around me and I feel truly, fully alive. I believe that would be what “living consciously” would mean. Considering it feels so very good, I’m ashamed to admit that I don’t focus like that very often.

There’s also another side of the whole thing. Especially with letting go. When you let go of the ego and all the things it’s attached to, it can feel very scary. I’ve noticed how “I” disappear, or what I thought was me, and instead there’s just nothingness. That nothingness can really freak one out, but I have become more comfortable with it.

So, I also have learned more and have learned to let go more, but it is still a struggle, and often a very painful one. Unsurprisingly, the ego does not want to give up the control and at least mine is a sneaky little thing that fights back dirty :-)

770 posts
  • Located in Hungary
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
aron66 says

Don’t do it.

20 posts
StellaNoteAudio says

I started recently. The meditation is a type called Mindfulness. Personally I do find it beneficial.

293 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in India
ideastools says

Meditation—A Beginner’s Practical Guide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a5fO8jE7mc
by
by
by
by