2395 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

Please don’t feel like you have to explain yourselves, like I said I think it is totally normal to copy some ideas. That’s what all inventions build on.

@GrizzleFX

I don’t see an obvious link to Dark Knight in your project, but I’m also not a Dark Knight fan.

Also, you are right in copying movies might be better than copying authors, since you don’t compete with the movie. But I think it’s very interesting what words you chose:

Copying authors = bad

Inspiration from films etc = acceptable.

Copying and Inspiriations, see what I mean?

PS: If you are asking yourself why I don’t like Dark Knight, although every dude seems to think it was the best movie in 2012. Well here is why: The so smart Batman is caught in this prison, and he tries again and again to climb up this wall. He always makes this one jump and fails, but he doesn’t die because he first attached himself to a rope that is swinging from above…. wait, what??? a rope? Why the freaking hell doesn’t he just climb up the damn rope!!!! Stupidest. movie. ever.

348 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
andrenavarre says

Why the freaking hell doesn’t he just climb up the damn rope!!!! Stupidest. movie. ever.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

494 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
DoubleX says

Why the freaking hell doesn’t he just climb up the damn rope!!!! Stupidest. movie. ever.

Maybe you should watch the movie again. The rope was not tied to the top of the pit. There was a pulley under the “jump” spot. He could “climb up the damn rope” and then climb another 5 metres to reach the jump spot. And if failed to jump, then fell more than double the distance between the rope pulley and jump spot. That should explain everything. If you don’t believe me then watch the scene at 1:22:30 when the prisoner fails to jump, it can be seen there.

2395 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
+9 more
Creattive says

You are right DoubleX, the rope is not at the top. But please watch this scene 0:40-0:50 and don’t think that’s the supidest man on earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjffIi2Pl7M
62 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
dfranz1 says

I think it has to do with how easy it is to directly copy a work instead of expanding upon an idea. They look at it as a much easier, and likely way to make money. I’ll quote the psychologist and author Alfie Kohn on this issue:

|| Kohn reports that at least 10 studies show rewards work best on simplistic and predictable tasks. However, what about more creative ones? In research on preschoolers (working for toys), older children (working for grades) and adults (working for money), they all avoided challenging tasks. The bigger the reward(money), the easier the task that is chosen; while without rewards, human beings are more likely to accept a challenge.
104 posts See those pixels dance!
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
happycreative says

I agree with the statement that copying work from another author on Videohive is not the same as being inspired by (for instance) a movie’s opening credits. In my opinion, watching Tron or Harry Potter or Transformers or Sherlock Holmes’ credits and thinking ‘hey, that looks pretty cool – think I’ll experiment and play around and see if I can get something close to that’ is miles apart from seeing a template that is selling well and thinking ‘hey, I’ll try and copy that and steal potential sales from original author and hopefully make money’.

I guess it comes down to morals and values. On one hand you can say this is business and you need to do what you need to do to make money. On other hand you can try and respect others original work and rather use it to inspire you to get better and make your own original works.

ps: whether a ‘heavily inspired’ movie title sequence should be accepted in the first place is a debate on its own I guess.

602 posts
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
addeystock says

Guys is this the thread about “Dark Knight”? :shocked:

cloud9communication
cloud9communication Recent Posts Threads Started
605 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in India
+3 more
cloud9communication says

Guys is this the thread about “Dark Knight”? :shocked:

nope its about The Dark Knight Rises :-)

30 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
TrooperFX says

This is a market place. People’s first intention when using it, is to make money. If you do this to get “feedback and comments”, you’re wrong here.

Since people want to make money out of it, they try to create products that sell. They take a look at the best-selling projects and will probably try to create something similar – hoping to be successful with it.

I’m sorry to tell you but this is just how market economy works. -Trooper :smitten:

1666 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

Super Conclusion:

Stop whining, write to support. There was copying of top project, there is, there allways will be. Period.

by
by
by
by
by
by