369 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
boomopera says

Hi, I was wondering, how can we contact one another when some of the users of this marketplace do not seem to have a fully enabled account? Should not we all be made to allow others to contact us if such occasion occurs? Im talking about authors writing with authors, but not buyers.

How can we contact accounts that are here for scouting not for staying?

Could that be sorted, or what we have now is within reason and will not be changed?

2088 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

Only users who pass the author’s test get contact form available on their profile page.

Why is that? I believe it’s because of Envato’s buyers privacy/anonymity policy. But I’m not sure.

369 posts
  • Exclusive Author
boomopera says

Could it be slightly more social? Are they afraid we just gonna spam buyers with leaflets and offers about things that have nothing to do with the marketplace?

- “you like my tracks? Check out my nephews website about exhaust pipes, he sells them good…”

- “you just got yourself a brand spanking new track for your project didnt you? How about you visit my website www.funfuneral-services.com and have a look at what we can do for you in the future, lets keep in touch!”

- “Hi, its good I found your profile, my wife and I think of taking it to the next level, with the third person in the room just watching.. “

right…

On SC we can still contact people who have zero tracks uploaded, and the site is fine. Im not complaining, I just wish we could contact each other no matter if you have basic or authors account.

491 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
SiliconWorldAD says

I know this is off topic, but you mentioned “authors writing with authors”. How exactly can Envato recognize two different owners of one product? I never see a way to label a secondary author whenever I upload something.

369 posts
  • Exclusive Author
boomopera says

Yes you are right. The topic is not about collaborations..but to answer your question, you simply decide who uploads it between you two and split profits on your own..

by
by
by
by
by
by