• Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Hey guys, I got a little bored one night a few weeks ago. So I had an idea to make a wall of rectangles (don’t ask). I had originally planned to make the wall much bigger, and then use each rectangle as more of a pixel. I wanted to animate the cubes randomly for a bit, and then eventually have the pixel cubes spell out something in text, or display an image.

Not really sure, just felt like having a play, and made up some project to play around with. As with all of my projects, I closed it for the night after setting it up quickly. And then never returned to it. All of the motivation I had during that hour, is hiding somewhere in that wall :P.

As with all of my unfinished projects, I keep them on my desktop for a few months. I talk myself out of deleting them because “I’ll get back to them at some point”. After months of doing this, I give in and trash it. So this time, instead of trashing it, I’m passing it along. Take this, and when you have some free time, do something with it. Make another image, make an animation, make WHATEVER . Use it for fun, use it in a project for a client, use it however you wish. Just be sure to link back here with an image or render of what you did with it. Give us a picture, a video, or your end project file, whatever. Just do something!!

Grab the Cinema4D file!

852 posts Nicely done
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
MotionRevolver Reviewer says

Cool concept! Thanks a lot for the file, I’ll surely mess around with it!

3901 posts After Effects Templates
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+4 more
miseld says

My first steps in C4D

I download your file Mark :) it’s awesome, but i still need to learn

1118 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+2 more
SonicCube says

Hello Mark

Thanks for the file, i will do also my first steps on 3D with it :) BTW , is it OK to give away free / unfinished files from myself trough the forum for others to mess around with ?

Have a great day everyone

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Hello Mark

Thanks for the file, i will do also my first steps on 3D with it :) BTW , is it OK to give away free / unfinished files from myself trough the forum for others to mess around with ?

Have a great day everyone

Ummm that’s a tricky one. Some people used to provide giveaways as a means to self-promote on the forum and do it a lot. If you want to give something away on the forums like a file or image, you’ll need to get clearance from support first.

BUT , if others are interested, I could change this thread to just a Project Sharing spot, and move it to off-topic and allow everyone to post resources in here.

301 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Romania
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
froztbyte80 says

I could change this thread to just a Project Sharing spot, and move it to off-topic and allow everyone to post resources in here.

That is not a bad ideea actualy :-)

• Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
miseld says

I could change this thread to just a Project Sharing spot, and move it to off-topic and allow everyone to post resources in here.

This is BAD idea, someone will make money from that sharing :) I am beginner in C4D if take few c4d files from this thread and modify them i can make a template and sell it, afte that i get back to this thread and and say “THANK YOU MY FRIENDS FOR SHARING ” what would you do? For me this is bad idea…

301 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Romania
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
froztbyte80 says

This is BAD idea, someone will make money from that sharing :) I am beginner in C4D if take few c4d files from this thread and modify them i can make a template and sell it, afte that i get back to this thread and and say “THANK YOU MY FRIENDS FOR SHARING ” what would you do? For me this is bad idea…

Someone to do that should be pretty despicable… and if he does he wont be able to post it here. He would get “crucified” pretty quickly :D

• Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
miseld says

Someone to do that should be pretty despicable… and if he does he wont be able to post it here. He would get “crucified” pretty quickly :D

LOL :)

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

That’s actually kind of the point here, I shared that file for everyone to use it however they wish. Probably wouldn’t accept a file that made use of it on VH, but if you wanted to use my C4D file within a project your working on for a client, I’d have no gripes with that. It’s not like I shared some fantastic opener, it’s just a wall with 2 lights that doesn’t move.

by
by
by
by
by
by