61 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ryanalvarado says

I don’t think there is any reason to maximize sound effects. It’s super easy for customers to make an effect louder in their application of choice. But I don’t know how that would effect the sale of the given sound effect. As you probably know, louder music/audio always seems to sound better to the general music listener, even if it’s heavily compressed. If someone is shopping for FX and they compare yours to another louder sound effect, the louder effect might win.

I think your best bet would be to include both a maximized version and the uncompressed version and use the louder version as the AudioJungle preview. If you include both, the customer can choose, and I believe they would appreciate that.

Maybe you can another forum thread in a year and tell everyone your results :)

58 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Argentina
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
yio says

... It’s super easy for customers to make an effect louder in their application of choice. But I don’t know how that would effect the sale of the given sound effect. As you probably know, louder music/audio always seems to sound better to the general music listener, even if it’s heavily compressed. If someone is shopping for FX and they compare yours to another louder sound effect, the louder effect might win. I think your best bet would be to include both a maximized version and the uncompressed version and use the louder version as the AudioJungle preview. If you include both, the customer can choose, and I believe they would appreciate that…

Thanks Ryan. I’m not sure if both louder and softer versions are allowed on AJ.

I think that it would be useful for buyers if we make a hard limiting to a reasonable level in a way that when buyers decide to make a sound louder they will be able to raise up the effective volume without any clipping. If we don’t, and if the wave has some high peak, even when a buyer try to normalize the sound to 0dB, it won’t sound as high as they expect.

by
by
by
by
by
by