742 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+3 more
GrizzleFX says

Hey i’m an expressions noob and I was wondering; is there a way to completely shut off an effect through expressions? (specifically check-box) And also be able to re-enable the given effect.

-Graham

742 posts
+3 more
GrizzleFX says

Nevermind…stupid question; figured out how.

Mods can delete

201 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
Darkpulse says

Wich type of efftect, per example, “fill effect” : alt clic on opacity timewatch and type :

C = thisComp.layer(yourlayer).effect(yourcheckbox)”checkbox”;

If (c=true){ value=100 }else{ value=0 }

//// “c” is your condition, your chekbox here If your checkbox is enabled the effect parameter value will be 100, if checkbox is disabled, your effect parameter value will be 0. Replace these value by your effect value… I hope I’m clear… ;)

742 posts
+3 more
GrizzleFX says

Thanks DarkPulse that was helpful. What i’m trying to do is have the ability to enable or disable a “Turbulent Displace” effect that is animated so that the displace amount starts at 100 and ends at 0 after 5 seconds, right now I have one of the two expressions to use each of them has problems:

(comp(“Comp 1”).layer(“Main Controls”).effect(“Turbulent Displace”)(“Checkbox”) * 150)-(time * 20);

(comp(“Comp 1”).layer(“Main Controls”).effect(“Turbulent Displace”)(“Checkbox”)*150)/(time+10);

The first one does not work because it continues to subtract thus going into negative numbers. The second expression does not work because it can never get to zero. How would I fix this so the expression would give a value of 0 at 5 seconds while also animating down from 100?

201 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
Darkpulse says

I’m not at home right now ( I’m on my iphone), so it’s not easy to understand your probleme. Simply try to duplicate your layer/comp and disable FX on one of them : put the layer with the displacement effect on top of the original. Apply my expression on the opacity layer value to get somerhing like that :

A : layer/comp with displacement FX B : original layer/comp (without displacement)

Apply expression with inverted consequence, when checkbox = ON > opacity layer A = 100% & opacity layer B = 0% when checkbox = OFF > opacity layer A = 0% & opacity layer B = 100%

5076 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Thanks DarkPulse that was helpful. What i’m trying to do is have the ability to enable or disable a “Turbulent Displace” effect that is animated so that the displace amount starts at 100 and ends at 0 after 5 seconds, right now I have one of the two expressions to use each of them has problems:

(comp(“Comp 1”).layer(“Main Controls”).effect(“Turbulent Displace”)(“Checkbox”) * 150)-(time * 20);

(comp(“Comp 1”).layer(“Main Controls”).effect(“Turbulent Displace”)(“Checkbox”)*150)/(time+10);

The first one does not work because it continues to subtract thus going into negative numbers. The second expression does not work because it can never get to zero. How would I fix this so the expression would give a value of 0 at 5 seconds while also animating down from 100?

a = comp(“Comp 1”).layer(“Main Controls”).effect(“Turbulent Displace”)(“Checkbox”) * 150 – (time * 20);

clamp(a, 0, 100000000000);

742 posts
+3 more
GrizzleFX says

clamp(a, 0, 100000000000);

Thanks both of you! This is what I was looking for :)

590 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
flashato says
a = comp(“Comp 1”).layer(“Main Controls”).effect(“Turbulent Displace”)(“Checkbox”) * 150 – (time * 20); clamp(a, 0, 100000000000);

Please guys, follow the rules..use english :D

742 posts
+3 more
GrizzleFX says

Tell me about it! ;)

5076 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

a = comp(“Comp 1”).layer(“Main Controls”).effect(“Turbulent Displace”)(“Checkbox”) * 150 – (time * 20); clamp(a, 0, 100000000000);

:D

by
by
by
by
by
by