• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
matsteiner says

Thank you very much Scott for making this clear!
I think, the devs made a good decision with that to prevent our files from (accidentally?) strange low ratings. We already discussed this in another thread…
I was just shocked how few ratings i have, just one song with ratings left.. :( probably i have a too big portfolio in a too short time, so the ratings are spreaded over too many items. Or maybe my music is so horrible bad, but why do I sell it then? :)
But I am right, that there is no way for us to see how many ratings we have on a item, except we have three ratings already?

147 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
JasonGraham says

I agree, that the author should be able to see an item’s rating, even if it’s below 3 ratings. But I also am in agreement that ratings should not be shown to other users unless there’s a minimum of 3.

Either that, or as continues to get promised, can we get rid of ratings or revamp the rating system? :) An item can still be rated 1 star even if someone liked it enough to buy it, and even if it’s just one bad vote, (1+5+5)/3=3.67. But this has been discussed at length already.

2519 posts Marketplace Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+13 more
scottwills Staff says

But I am right, that there is no way for us to see how many ratings we have on a item, except we have three ratings already?

Hi Mat, Correct – there’s presently no way to see your own ratings until 3 are received. This applies to all authors on all Marketplaces.

1933 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
matsteiner says
Hi Mat, Correct – there’s presently no way to see your own ratings until 3 are received. This applies to all authors on all Marketplaces.
Thank you very much for this explanation too, Scott.
by
by
by
by
by
by