11 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+1 more
johnviner Envato team says

Hey everyone, my name is John and I’m the new Dev Manager at Envato. (By new I mean 10 weeks in) :). I’ve written a Notes post to tell you a little bit more about myself, the Dev team and what we’ve been up to recently.

I’d also like to introduce our two newest Devs to the community, give a warm welcome to Martin and Shanon. We’re also launching a tech blog soon (to give you an insight into our engineering challenges and development approach) so stay tuned.

358 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
billyf says

Hello, welcome to the marketplace :) I’ve read the blog post, but unfortunately, I don’t see an updated search / filter or a new ‘latest popular items’ being mentioned there.

I hope you can suggest these to the decision-makers because we authors care more about exposure than synchronization of sales count with search index or a buyer survey form. I don’t remember seeing any Envato staffs participating in the discussions about a better search / filter system, or anything related to increasing exposure for new items.

Thank you!

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

Hey John, and G’day . Nice climb !

894 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+5 more
infuse01 says

Hi John, Hi Martin and Hi Shanon,

welcome to our little world (forum) we’re we discuss about actually everything.

Don’t be too surprised, but many authors can be somehow…impatient, since the last “Changes” were “not welcomed at all”. As billy already mentioned, we, authors care more about the exposure because exposure = (most times) more sales = more money = more time to create even better products and offer a better support.

I’m actually not the one who complains that much, I’m more the one who is being sarcastic and funny :D (and helpful, and professional, and polite, and just awesome) :)

But as I said before, don’t worry about that, I guess the majority is sitting tight anyway and we’re awaiting those changes you’ve mentioned and hopefully much more.

Welcome again :)

1264 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
harmonikas996 says

Hey everyone, my name is John and I’m the new Dev Manager at Envato. (By new I mean 10 weeks in) :). I’ve written a Notes post to tell you a little bit more about myself, the Dev team and what we’ve been up to recently. I’d also like to introduce our two newest Devs to the community, give a warm welcome to Martin and Shanon. We’re also launching a tech blog soon (to give you an insight into our engineering challenges and development approach) so stay tuned.

Welcome John, you are now part of big community!

1493 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Located in United States
+3 more
WebSmacker says

Welcome John, Martin and Shannon! It’s good to see that Envato is finally expanding the dev team. GL and looking forward to your much needed help.

11 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Member of the Envato Team
+1 more
johnviner Envato team says

Hey @infuse01 and @billyf, it is great to hear from you and please keep the feedback coming, we need community members like yourselves who are vocal and passionate.

With respect to the specific search features you mentioned, although we’ve rolled out a new search engine, the user-facing changes we’ve made have been minor and only the beginning of a series improvements we want to make. You’ll hear from us when we roll out each new search improvement.

John

578 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
azamshah72v says

welcoming John, Martin and Shanon. Welcome!

3970 posts After Effects Templates
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
miseld says

Welcome Martin and Shannon, can’t wait to see new “tech blog”.

637 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+3 more
GravityDept says

Hi John, congrats on the new position. You’re in for plenty of competing opinions, demands, and stirred emotions. It’s been too long but I’m really pleased to see an Envato dev taking an active role on the forums.

I’ve expressed my (mounting) share of criticism over the lack of user-facing improvements on the marketplaces over the last 18 months, while changes that are made seem increasingly out of touch with requests repeatedly made by authors and buyers. There are many livelihoods at stake here and the frustration from Envato’s limited disclosure is more palpable than I can remember.

For what it’s worth, I hope you can help the team nail it and turn perceptions around.

by
by
by
by
by
by