20 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
davidfromafrica says

Hi

I’ve seen a few threads referencing this and it still seems to be a problem on the site. Let me start by saying I understand that reviewers are busy, it’s christmas, etc, but there are some serious issues that need to be addressed in the reviewing queue as I can’t tell you how frustrating things are at the moment. This is not intended to be a negative thread about the site – but these points require urgent addressing by the site staff.

And I’m sure I’m not the only contributor who is feeling this way.

1- Soft Rejected Items: Surely items which are soft rejected for minor issues, which are then fixed, can be reviewed again fairly rapidly? At the moment, it seems like soft rejected items dissappear into some sort of netherworld. I had an item reviewed after a day, and now it’s been sitting in the soft rejection queue for 4 days??? This seems to be a frequent and common problem. It doesn’t make sense that it is quicker to resubmit the same item than to make an often minor fix to the existing soft rejected one?

2. Design Template Items It seems items in this queue take over a week to even get looked at. I’m not sure if there are other categories which are similarly treated but in comparison to web elements, the reviewing process is extremely slow. Surely all items should be treated equally, once you’re in the queue it shouldn’t matter what category you’re in.

Furthermore combine the two issues together (ie a business card which is soft rejected) and you have an extremely frustrating experience to contend with.

Thanks for listening

2448 posts Community Officer
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
+14 more
contrastblack Staff says

2. Design Template Items It seems items in this queue take over a week to even get looked at. I’m not sure if there are other categories which are similarly treated but in comparison to web elements, the reviewing process is extremely slow. Surely all items should be treated equally, once you’re in the queue it shouldn’t matter what category you’re in.

I think the same problem applies to Add-ons… I’ve seen the main queue drop about 100 spots, but I still retained my 9th out of 14th status in the Add-ons Queue. It’s depressing, considering the fact that this happens to some that just have to do a minor correction. My first item got submitted after 7 days in the main Queue and 4 in the soft-rejection… I’m holding a razor close to the laptop in case my second one get’s soft-rejected in the same manner, or even better directly rejected. Worked about 30 hours on a set of actions… and was so happy when I saw that I’m just the 9th, and now, after 5 days, I’m still no closer :D

Anyway, as you said as well, this is not a stab at envato or reviewers, it’s just a funky self-pity post :D Just ignore me.

1236 posts
  • Community Moderator
  • Won a Competition
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
HarveyDesign Volunteer moderator says

Some people are never happy.. 4 days wait that is not alot, There are 180+ items in the queue down from almost 300 in the last few days.. and you’ve answered your own question, its christmas.. its a busy time of year for everyone and the reviewers are only human.. they need breaks too :)

Remember soft-reject items are not in the same queue everything else ;) so when reviewer starts they will do for example graphic section then maybe some design templates etc.. the best you can do to avoid this is make your files high quality and check and double check there are none of these “minor issues”.

With a new reviewer being hired soon it should improve yes, and after christmas everything should start getting back to normal.. sales included :)

Sorry if this seems harsh.. but i don’t know about anyone else but quite frankly i am sick to death of topics on the time of the review queue from impatient authors :( .. just my personal opinion of course :)

2201 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
ArikB says

I’m starting my workday at 6AM tomorrow (tomorrow being in 28 mins). Xmas or not, we made a few mistakes. We’ll fix it.

• Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+14 more
contrastblack Staff says
I’m starting my workday at 6AM tomorrow (tomorrow being in 28 mins). Xmas or not, we made a few mistakes. We’ll fix it.

I do insist, remind me to send you a bonus, once I hit 5000$ sales. You deserve it. (that will probably happen in like… 4-5 eons, but I’m sure I won’t forget about it, I never do, when I promise something like this.) :D

2201 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
ArikB says
I do insist, remind me to send you a bonus, once I hit 5000$ sales. You deserve it. (that will probably happen in like… 4-5 eons, but I’m sure I won’t forget about it, I never do, when I promise something like this.) :D

I receive payment from my client only :D

And damn it’s 12:38 AM.

• Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+14 more
contrastblack Staff says

Bribery is also a form of payment come to think about it :D Go get some sleep, maybe you get through 45 items (mine is the 45th overall, and 9th of 14 in the add-ons < HINT HINT ) :D

20 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
davidfromafrica says

Harvey….i get where you’re coming from, but it’s truly not my point to have a whinge; I really think there are a couple of flaws in the current system that need to be addressed.

Arik does a great job. If I’ve ever had an issue with a submission, he’s very clear and concise on what needs to be addressed, and he obviously deals with a massive amount of submissions.

I know what you’re saying about making sure to make ‘high quality’ files, but the simple fact is, after you’ve been staring at the screen for days making a file, you lose the ability to spot the simple little errors that would cause a soft rejection. It’s just human nature, and it’d be akin to writing an essay and making a couple of spelling mistakes. Anyone else who would look at it would quickly spot them, but because you’ve been so entrenched in it your eye just skips over the mistakes.

The point is soft rejections once fixed need to be reviewed more quickly. I’m not saying they should go right to the top of the pile, but surely they should be reviewed more quickly than if i resubmitted the item.

Arik – can you offer any insight into the point above?

The other issue is as mentioned, the delay in some categories, which seem to be ignored or only slowly reviewed. Can someone provide an answer on this?

2201 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
ArikB says

First, I’m not the only reviewer. There’s Ben, Kai Loon, Scott, Patrick and Amanda (if necessary, she has SM duties) + our mystery new reviewer who I don’t know anything about.

Second the issue with the soft rejection queue is that it’s a feature that hasn’t been on GR for that long. We reviewers are basically used to handling the general queue first. Mainly because it’s a lot bigger compared to the soft rejection queue and it grows a lot faster. The soft rejection queue grows under our control, the normal queue doesn’t.

The reason why it takes so long is because we start on the normal queue and we just don’t get to the other queue.

I know everybody wants to be a reviewer and it’s a great job, but you need to realize that it’s like a digital conveyor belt. We get submissions over and over again. And sometimes when there’s a lot of crap, it gets frustrating. And by crap I don’t necessarily mean something that is rejected but something that looks like it’s one step up for MS Paint.

I’m going to set up an e-mail to the SM which will be forwarded to the devs to see if we can get a few features that would greatly increase efficiency in the queue.

• Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+14 more
contrastblack Staff says

Hate to be digging this thread up, but I have a question for any reviewer, be it ArikB or anyone online at this time, that has a real hands-on experience with the Queue… A few hours ago I’ve been on 7 of 150, after 8days +, and number 2 of 16 in the Add-ons Queue, but now, after a bit, I’m 7 out of 125 and still 2 out of 16… and I just don’t quite get the process. This is not one of those complaints, as I’ve already waited 8 days and more, so it’s not that urgent, and I kept reading complaints and rants about it, I GET the problem, I just wanted to know if it’s a normal delay or internal error of sorts. Thank you, Contrastblack.

p.s: congratulations from dropping the queue from 250+ to this number… wohoo for Constantin (the new reviewer) if he already had a go at it!!! :D

by
by
by
by
by
by