21 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Hetch says

Someone advises delete, other not delete… They have less salable items in the portfolio of a negative impact on overall sales? What do you think is better?

3085 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
Raincutter says

I deleted a few of my items in past. I regret those decisions. That’s my personal opinion on this.

113 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
DesignDeposit says

I personally wouldn’t delete unless it was something that zero sales after a good while. As long as it is up there, it has a chance to sell, if you delete it then it benefits no one. Leaving it up there gives you more variety, more selection, another item to link to the marketplaces with.

The only benefit I see for deleting poor-selling items is some sort of ego boost to see all high-selling items in your portfolio.

If you think there’s room for improvement with it, update it – that has revitalized a few of my items.

21 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Hetch says

I personally wouldn’t delete unless it was something that zero sales after a good while. As long as it is up there, it has a chance to sell, if you delete it then it benefits no one. Leaving it up there gives you more variety, more selection, another item to link to the marketplaces with.

The only benefit I see for deleting poor-selling items is some sort of ego boost to see all high-selling items in your portfolio.

If you think there’s room for improvement with it, update it – that has revitalized a few of my items.

Also I think that when I delete something, I will never sell it. That’s why I wonder why so many people recommend.

21 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Hetch says

I deleted a few of my items in past. I regret those decisions. That’s my personal opinion on this.

Thak you for your opinion ;-)

849 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
Rewroc says

Had I deleted my items, I would have lost 53 sales already. So just like everybody above, no. Don’t ever delete your items. It gives one more variety to your portfolio.

170 posts You imagine... We Design!
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
BaGeRa says

Never !! for me every files approved here is an effort that made and is included in the portfolio and it will found it consumer one day ;)

Good luck !!

882 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Superstar
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • South Africa
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
+1 more
joiaco says

Had I deleted my items, I would have lost 53 sales already. So just like everybody above, no. Don’t ever delete your items. It gives one more variety to your portfolio.

Twice i have made a decision to delete something at the end of the month, and then had sales… after over a year without any interest! Upgrading is the best idea.

1253 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
harmonikas996 says

Try to improve items with low sales. It’s best way to earn from items like that.

If you delete it, then you do not have change to sell your work (but remember of time spent on that item)!

Best regards!

658 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
snkart says

Like many of above said: NEVER !!! I personally have some items that have no sales at all, but some of them were uploaded in the beginning and looking how at the level of the first and the last uploaded helps me see how i have improved my skills.

by
by
by
by
by
by