• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+4 more
AndySlatter Reviewer says

If people can use your audio files in broadcasting,like tv/film etc,should they not have to fill in a cue sheet?although we sell royalty free music,if it was used in broadcasting on a tv program or advertising I think you would still be entitled to royaltys from PRS wouldn’t you?(if you are a member)

Slats

3202 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+9 more
ADG3studios Staff says

In a perfect world, maybe, but the status quo on FD isnt the case.

That’s the choice we make here. It’s really royalty free. How would cue sheet royalties would be attributed to individual authors, down the line? ( given most authors dont use their names )

That’s what I’m wondering, and yes the author would have to be affiliated with a performing rights collective, like BMI or Socan here in Canada.. Most aren’t So i think that would be tricky..

Food for thought though.. I still feel most of broadcast industry seeks its sounds through other channels, whereas FD audio mainly ends up on the web and multimedia/webgames..

Could be wrong, but thats what I think here..

315 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Denmark
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
+2 more
brandtz says
.. I still feel most of broadcast industry seeks its sounds through other channels, whereas FD audio mainly ends up on the web and multimedia/webgames..

Could change with the arrival of Audio Jungle ;o)

.... hopefully

Best//

496 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
JType says

Yeah, I agree. It would be nice if they did take notice of FD/AJ. In the meantime however, I believe that most of the broadcasting industry actually source their music/audio via record labels. I imagine that this probably makes it easier for them to organise payment of royalties, synchronisation fees etc.

1045 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
iDraw says

I submitted yesterday a update for my first full dance track… that could be starting something new for singers on FD, cause there are millions of singers and music labels out there

or am I wrong?

871 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
AndySlatter Reviewer says

I know it is royalty free music here,but from my understanding of it(and I might be wrong…..so forgive me if I’ve misunderstood this)there would be nothing to stop someone who comes here for flash stuff(but also happens to be in tv or something)from using your music in TV/film.Every time the programme is broadcast the programme maker should fill in a cue sheet,the broadcaster,not the programme maker is responsible for paying fees to the PRS ,by submitting a cue sheet, you allow the original creator of the music to receive their rightful portion of the fees the broadcaster has to pay. If you don’t submit a cue sheet, the broadcaster will still pay the fees, however, the music’s creator/composer won’t ever see any of it.So it wouldn’t harm to remind audio purchasers of this. Maybe I’m being over concerned,but I know that from what I’ve seen of the quality of audio on here,if I was aware of Flashden,and I was looking for music for a TV programme….I would look here! what is the harm in reminding people that they should fill in cue sheets,it is no extra cost to them.But also maybe there should be different licenses for different uses of the music here?

Slats

315 posts
  • Denmark
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
brandtz says

... very interesting thread Slats!

Listening!

1 post
Daniel_Holter says

FWIW , offering (and licensing) music as royalty-free to broadcast users does NOT mean you, the creator and author, are giving up any performance royalties. Those are still payable via your appointed performing rights organization (PRS, ASCAP , BMI, Sesac, etc.).

That’s why whole business… licensing and royalties.

315 posts
  • Denmark
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
brandtz says

would be nice to hear Audio Jungles view on this …....

by
by
by
by
by
by