• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
BeyondTheVeil says

I’m feeling very fine with cubase 6. So fine that I’m scared to download or buy any update/upgrade :D
Don’t be scared! Just feel the fear and do it anyway! :)

yeah i had those reservations. but i bit the bullet and ran my projects for the last 2 days on 7 and jumped in but everything has responded perfectly. the old crash you sometimes had with 6.5 when exiting cubase seems to have gone.no more hanging when closing down. the mixer is nicely customisable for all needs so i have spent time configuring how i need to see it and use it for varied applications. If anything crops up in the next few weeks that makes me cautious, i can always boot up 6.5 as this version much like 5 and 6, is a new install, so its seperate to any previous installation.

if your worried you can dive back into 6 – 6.5 etc. Their are so many new additions to this version im having fun working my way through them. so far i have written 4 cues on it , mixed and rendered off 12 cues worth of stems and alternate mixes for tv. all is well so far (touch wood)!!!

835 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
gbiasillo says

And don’t forget kids, backup your projects!

20 posts
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
MattBearman says

Good advice! I’ve gotten so used to doing cmd+alt+save to save as a new version every so often, as Cubase used to crash constantly on the PC. But it’s barely crashed at all since I switched to a mac, one of the many reasons I’m glad I switched to a MacBook

1988 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Switzerland
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
matsteiner Reviewer says

Good advice! I’ve gotten so used to doing cmd+alt+save to save as a new version every so often, as Cubase used to crash constantly on the PC. But it’s barely crashed at all since I switched to a mac, one of the many reasons I’m glad I switched to a MacBook

That’s whay i sell high Quality super PC, the don’t Crash either. That’s a bit the Problem with Windows pc, there is a lot of scrap on the market, but of course some cvery stable too! Mine works like a clock… i even iused Cubase in a live band as a 26 channel in-ear Matrix & HD recorder. Not one crash in 6 years (running win xp)! Sometimes the entire day outdoor open air, all bad circumstances and rough stage use, 8 people simultanous remote controlling it over midi, 24 track recording, 0.7ms latency and not one crash in those years – what else do i need! Really happy with cuwin! Everything is possible, even on Windows :-)

262 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+3 more
dejans says

Thanks for the heads up Andy, looks really good, getting the upgrade! :)

20 posts
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
MattBearman says

I’ve had a play around with the new VariAudio’s harmonising abilities. It’s not very intuitive, in fact if it weren’t for this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTn0LLmVFzY) I’m not sure I would have ever managed to do it.

Disappointingly the actual pitch shifting still has that metallic sound the old/cheap algorithms had. I’m hoping there is a way to pre-process pitch shifting instead of using a real time algorithm, as that should give it a more natural sound, but I haven’t found that option yet :( at this point, it’s not really living up to Melodyne.

by
by
by
by
by
by