3577 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Dealing with people can sometimes make you laugh really hard.. Or can make you angry..

A recent request from a buyer:

I was wondering if I can translate your themes into french and sale them through my website in France.

And i also have an older one who edited one of my themes a bit and then asked me if he could publish the theme on TF because it’s different than mine..

How do they get these ideas? :D

27 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
bydlo2 says

True word, ruben. But yours still ask.

Maybe we should use this thread for a collection of most funny people storys

What about this one?

1: Photographer in a german town close to the netherlands took 8 photos out of my gallery: http://www.axellauer.de/galerie/aktfotografie/

2: he putted his own copyright-watermark in my pictures and putted them on his website among his crap in a way that was telling its his work

3: every one could tell that these images where not from him because there was a real big difference in quality and style

4: if you wanted to look into the sourcecode of his website a modal window popped up saying:”All content of this website is copyright-protected and violation will be prosecuted by lawyers” and the right-click menu was blocked

5: and in the HTML you found a second time a comment which said that all content is his own work and if you copy something you will have a hard time

Oh Boy, my lawyer had a lot of fun with that moron. regards axel

567 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
radykal says

I had a client who purchased a product from a fraud website – a complete copy of codecanyon. He spent 16$ and send me a mail for support, I ask him where did he purchase the product and he sent me the link.

I told him that he bought my product on an illegal website and I give only support to clients that really purchase my product and I did not earn one cent from this fraud website.

He got really angry and told me thats my business that no one sell my products on fraud website and my support is really bad and he is going to tell everyone that I do not give support.

I just sent a smiley :)

3012 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
TNL3542 says

I had a client who purchased a product from a fraud website – a complete copy of codecanyon. He spent 16$ and send me a mail for support, I ask him where did he purchase the product and he sent me the link.

I told him that he bought my product on an illegal website and I give only support to clients that really purchase my product and I did not earn one cent from this fraud website.

He got really angry and told me thats my business that no one sell my products on fraud website and my support is really bad and he is going to tell everyone that I do not give support.

I just sent a smiley :)

ive bought a item from you.. and youve been giveing me great support everytime i have a question :)

1661 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

How about those who threaten you to buy your item and rate it low? :D

159 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
s4nji says
936 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Russian Federation
+1 more
permian says

How about those who threaten you to buy your item and rate it low? :D

Just tell them “Kurulumuun on both your houses!” and they’ll run being horrified by this deadliest curse.

1649 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

:D

1053 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+5 more
Alexlasek says

Kurulumuuned :D

you made my day LOL

57 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Europe
Blunny says

Kurulumuuned :D

For some reason that reminded me of this: http://notalwaysright.com/de-ting-de-ting/308 :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by