39 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in United States
SleepyWood says

Hey friends, I am relatively new to Audio Jungle although I think I have it in me to do relatively well in the market place. I just submitted my first piece of “corporate motivational” music that I was really pleased with. I think it has potential of placing high on the charts but I need your help perfecting it after it was unexpectedly denied yesterday. Here is the piece…

https://soundcloud.com/sleepywoodmusic/time-to-rise-preview/s-OzYSU

After submitting the track I recieved an e-mail including this statement, “Charming track! However, think you could rework the filtered instrument kicking in at 0:43 seconds? It’s a nice detail but it sounds quite glitchy here and there and it’s quite distracting / lowering commercial utility of this track. If you could let go of the glitch/strum-like bits of it then we would be able to keep the rest.”

I wanted to ask your opinions because I do not fully agree with the review! The “glitchiness” that the reviewer is talking about, I happen to enjoy. I feel as though the track may feel empty without it as it a distinctive layer throughout most of the piece. I’m sort of stuck on what to do here.

Thanks!

187 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
SoundCity says

Hi SleepyWood,

I think your sound is a bit aggressive in High or Mid-high frequencies (and it will certainly be worse on a cheap multimedia sound-system). For me, an EQ definitely solve the problem… ;)

113 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
AlexStokke says

Have to say I agree fully with the reviewer. I think those glicth sounds can sacre off buyers. SoundCity has a point, too. Those high freqencies on the bell sounds stick out too much for my taste. Nice track, though :)

39 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
SleepyWood says

Have to say I agree fully with the reviewer. I think those glicth sounds can sacre off buyers. SoundCity has a point, too. Those high freqencies on the bell sounds stick out too much for my taste. Nice track, though :)

Thanks Alex, I think Sound City was referring to the instrument the reviewer was talking about that comes in at 0:43 in terms of EQ’ing although I agree the bell sound could also be toned down. I haven’t listened to the track on much other then a pair of monitors so I will have check it out! Thanks for listening. I suppose I’ll have to try some EQ or take the glitchy guitar bits out completely. I just hope the track doesn’t become to repetitive after losing a whole section.

865 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
MichalskiMusic says

I wanted to ask your opinions because I do not fully agree with the review! The “glitchiness” that the reviewer is talking about, I happen to enjoy. I feel as though the track may feel empty without it as it a distinctive layer throughout most of the piece. I’m sort of stuck on what to do here.

With regards to what to do, it is really quite simple. If you want to sell the track on Audiojungle, do what the reviewer asks. It isn’t about whether you like the track or not. It is about whether the track has commercial appeal from a stock library perspective. Remember, you aren’t writing for yourself here.

I agree with the reviewer. As music to be used to enhance a sales presentation, commercial, tutorial, what have you, the glitchy quality would be very distracting. Imagine a female doing a voice over on top of your music. Hear what I mean? The glitchy nature of the track would possibly interfere with her voice or, at least, be distracting to whatever presentation was being made. Remember, good production music stays out of the way of something it is trying to accompany and enhance. It does not try to steal the attention.

Hope this helps.

by
by
by
by
by
by