189 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
JohnWiser says

I noticed that there a ton of our tracks on a sight called [name removed] for download… with the watermark, of course… but I was wondering why?

If anyone can shed some light, let me know. Thanks.

5523 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

I removed the name in case the site was less than honest. They could also just be using the referral method, but I didn’t search for the site :)

189 posts
+1 more
JohnWiser says

Thank You, I was doing a search this morning. Noticed a had quite a few clicks and not much activity and found 5 of my instrumentals on there.

170 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
solarsound says

I have found one of my songs on a number of mp3 illegal download type sites. They take youtube videos and convert them to an easy to use download mp3 for end users.

I have yet to find one “without” the watermark, because I embed the watermark in all of my youtube videos. As long as the watermark is there, I view it as free promotion. So I don’t really see a point in doing anything about it.

But, for all Audiojunglers who promote on youtube, I highly recommend putting AJ watermark on your videos, because there are ways to get the audio out. And if your video starts getting a lot of hits, it might be a target for these types of sites for illegal use.

189 posts
+1 more
JohnWiser says

Right, I never post anything without watermarks. It’s disturbing, but I guess any promo is good promo!

by
by
by
by
by
by