161 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
SubKutz says

I’ve decided to continue a project I started over 2 years ago. I’m basically looking for a decent cms portal system for my website. Joomla = Yuck and I cant stand those Nuke style set ups. Fusion etc.

I’ve been playing around with Drupal for a few months and decided it’s not for me.

Even though WordPress is mainly for blogging I’ve heard it can be turned into a pretty decent little cms. Has anyone tried this?

I would try and one of the many great flash templates on here. The only problem is Subkutz + Flash = catastrophe.

Here’s the kind of web site style I’m aiming for. http://www.mtv.co.uk/ Actually MTV does use Drupal. But like I said, it’s not for me.

101 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
nellie says

I use joomla. But it really depends what features you need. Check out http://www.opensourcecms.com/ if you havn’t already, for demos of heaps of different ones.

There’s heaps of flash templates here which you can easily update through XML , so you don’t need to edit the flash file if all you want to do is update the content.

4908 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

well there I know of a magazine style wordpress template, I have the link at work…Ill try to find it tomorrow, and other than that I say go with Joomla, once you get used to it, you’ll love it!

161 posts
+3 more
SubKutz says
I use joomla. But it really depends what features you need. Check out http://www.opensourcecms.com/ if you havn’t already, for demos of heaps of different ones. There’s heaps of flash templates here which you can easily update through XML , so you don’t need to edit the flash file if all you want to do is update the content.

Ahhh, I was looking at the site just before I posted here. But I didn’t notice the demos. Thanks for pointing that out. Also, using a flash template is a possibility. As long as I can find one that looks how I want it and needs the minimum customization then I might go for this.

@xdozex . Yeah, if you could point my in the direction of that wordpress template that would be brilliant.

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
LucidStudios says

If you guys are looking for a cms for managing contents for websites like most of the templates you find on flashden which are based on xml then I will have a solution soon for you.

You can see my flash based cms which I have already deployed for a website: http://kabulinteractive.com/demos/mastermindstudios/palace/admin/index.html

username: weski password: moladad123

please keep in mind the project is under work so there might be few bugs.

691 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
geoken says

Have you figured out a way to write XML variables wrapped in CDATA tags? I started out making a CMS to edit my sites XML based content but I hit a roadblock when I couldn’t put variables into nodes with CDATA because the compiler would parse out the CDATA tag.

101 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
nellie says

SaafiDesign, checked out your flash CMS .. looks great and easy to use :)

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
LucidStudios says
Have you figured out a way to write XML variables wrapped in CDATA tags? I started out making a CMS to edit my sites XML based content but I hit a roadblock when I couldn’t put variables into nodes with CDATA because the compiler would parse out the CDATA tag.

Yes it is obvious that flash will take everything inside CDATA as a text string. But if you have specific format inside the CDATA tag then you might develop your own logic to parse it.

SaafiDesign, checked out your flash CMS .. looks great and easy to use
Thanks.

166 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
johnhoysa says

I have been using ExpressionEngine and love it for a CMS . I have my Flash site powered by my RSS feed. So far so good! Also i can create as many blogs as i want with EE. Putting .swfs in EE has been rather easy as well.

there is a free version of expression engine to use for personal sites only which is what i use. I do not advertise with my blog nor is it set up for clients. Its just a portfolio section and a little blog i need to start writing in more.

132 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
designaholic says

SaafiDesign,

Management system looking good. Keep up the good work.

by
by
by
by
by
by