44 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
ChristianKragh says

Hey all. I was just wondering about how all other authors on AudioJungle are selling. Personally, I’m really into heavy metal, play guitar in a band, and that of course influences my electronic music creation (I’ve only just recently been experimenting with making digital music). So a few of my music loops have been rejected because they aren’t harmonious enough or some notes are “off key”, etc. I made them that way because I thought it set the intended mood better and arose more feelings in the listener, etc – or maybe I’m just not good at making digital music. :P So I’m just wondering what you all (authors on AudioJungle) think about that? Are we only supposed to create music with pure consonance? That rule seems silly to me.. Thanks!

70 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
tomh says

Out of all my tracks, the least experimental sell the best. All my tracks use concert pitch notes – you can create enough dissonance from the 12 notes in the western system anyway.

2678 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says

Hey Christian! That’s a great question! :) We do not have a strict rule about dissonance, but we reserve the right to reject anything that sounds unpleasing. Although this sounds a subjective approach (which to some degree it is), our review team have a very good ear regarding what sounds pleasing and what will be useful for our customers. It’s important we have quality standards like this to ensure our library focuses on quality instead of quantity. One quick tip to also remember is that any successful stock audio will have mass appeal. If an upload is considered too experimental, quirky, or tries too hard to be purposely discordant, it really won’t sell well at all. Hope this helps. :)

44 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
ChristianKragh says

Thanks for your input Tom H. – I thought it would be that way.. :P

And thanks Scott, I knew I might draw some staff attention haha – I didn’t mean to offend or complain. I guess I was just wondering how others felt about it. It’s of course very understandable and makes sense. ;)

110 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Catch22Music says

This ia a great forum topic, very interesting!

My thoughts are that yes this is a completely subjective matter, and since you created a loop with the intent of dissonance then that should be accepted as people may require this….

But then on the other hand, the reviewers know exactly what sell, and maybe they are making the decision to reject the loop or music track purely on business grounds…? Maybe there is not a big enough market for something like that!

Have a good christmas

by
by
by
by
by
by