• Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+2 more
Hein says

Hi,

I just want a little advice, these psd files where rejected because they are not well designed and aesthetically pleasing to be accepted under ThemeForest’s acceptance guideline. It’s okay by me but i want to know what you’ll think of this.

I’ve made an osCommerce, 9 PSD ’s in 3 different colors.

1) http://www.imagenerd.com/uploads/color_01-h9s06.jpg

2) http://www.imagenerd.com/uploads/color_02_categorie-pgaun.jpg

3) http://www.imagenerd.com/uploads/color_03_review-eY7cT.jpg

So i really don’t know what to change because in my eyes it looks like the way a commerce theme should look, clean and fresh.

And another thing is that i wont change a thing on these files, i rather give them away for free.

Hoping to get some honest feedback,

Regards, Hein

115 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Won a Competition
zigmat says

Theme looks perfect! Just do something with that huge search area :)

537 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+2 more
Hein says

Tank you zigmat, i will consider this, more feedback is appreciated.

1561 posts Chris Robinson
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
contempoinc says

I think it looks pretty good, I would go ahead and code it instead. But I do second that the search area is on the large size and the left end of the input is a little odd looking

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

I think it looks pretty good so far but it does need some adjustments. The logo looks like it isn’t centered properly and as other people have mentioned already, the search bar is kind of gigantic. It actually pulls attention away from the logo which is really bad in this case.

The Navigation links are spaced out pretty far from each other and I would recommend making the divider between them a lighter color than the links themselves. You want the divider to provide subtle separation and not to distract from the links themselves. The same goes for the advanced search, shopping cart, etc. navigation.

For the item blocks, the headline/title gets some attention pulled away from the buttons and little banner at the bottom. You might want to make the headlines/titles stand out a little more by providing some sort of separation. You could do that by using even a really light background as a bar across the whole container (does that make sense?). Then you might want to make the font bold or something and/or maybe a different color like strong black.

Anyway, I hope some of that helps. You have a really nice template going but even after the edits I’m not really sure if it would be something for the PSD category. I would really like to see it in the HTML category though! :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by