• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Bedros says

Agree with VF, FAQ and SUPPORT should be seperated (one more extra tab) , or maybe the tab’s name should be “F.A.Q. And Support” , indicating that FAQ also lies there…

I pointed slightly different thing. Combining FAQ with support tab is fine, it fits perfectly but only for TF and CC. In the past 3-4 years, due to lack of usability in FAQ (before recent improvement), we all (author and buyer) habituated to ignore that entire tab. Atleast the new support tab will work positively for this section.

On the other hand, all the marketplaces except TF and CC going to face terrible future if the word “support” was included for each item. That’s what my concern – we supposed to sell reliable products that avoids support – Not to induce buyers to look for support. For most of the marketplaces (non-code based ones), support is nothing more than blatant customization.

+1

457 posts
  • Austria
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
iHelp says

It’s a great feature!
And then… as always – reading through the comments adds so many standing points which all seem to make sense and make me doubt that it’s really such an awesome feature. Gotta love the forums –┬áso many people, so many valid opinions, it’s amazing.

2954 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

For most of the marketplaces (non-code based ones), support is nothing more than blatant customization.

The support tab will clearly mention that “customizations” are not covered under support. Having this mentioned will be a great improvement because currently we have to put this on our profile pages or within item descriptions.

However a lot of authors will gladly accept customizations for an additional price, so the marketplace has to cater for those authors as well.

No matter how it is worded, if someone wants a customization they are very likely to contact the author before asking elsewhere. I certainly get a lot of “I know you’re not available for custom jobs, but do you know someone who can do xyz change with your item?” emails sent to me.

5754 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

For most of the marketplaces (non-code based ones), support is nothing more than blatant customization.

The support tab will clearly mention that “customizations” are not covered under support. Having this mentioned will be a great improvement because currently we have to put this on our profile pages or within item descriptions.

However a lot of authors will gladly accept customizations for an additional price, so the marketplace has to cater for those authors as well.

No matter how it is worded, if someone wants a customization they are very likely to contact the author before asking elsewhere. I certainly get a lot of “I know you’re not available for custom jobs, but do you know someone who can do xyz change with your item?” emails sent to me.

The problem is once an “official” tab conveys the word support, it can trigger can of worms inside buyer’s psychology since this area prone to be abused for competitive advantage. Obviously there is no point in adding a support tab just to convey a message of “Support is optional”. My personal opinion is we as community already spoiled the spirit of making plugins by over weighing support area and lowered focus on product reliability – it happened as a localized/community based trend rather than as industry’s flow. I afraid this shouldn’t spread into every marketplace where simply the comment section is more than sufficient.

Currently the GraphicRiver and VideoHive goes well with paid customizations (if any) just by author/buyer’s personal/unique way of message on relevant items. For that kind of marketplaces, may be a tab named “Customization” can be less misleading and straightforward than naming it as Support. I would suggest better leave it as FAQ and neither mess with the word support nor customization.

2 posts Get Bowtied
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
getbowtied says

I think that’s a great feature. We all needed a consistent way for customers to find support. Everyone is using a banner, or a link here and there and some customers still send messages via profile.

This is great news.

348 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United Kingdom
kops says

That tab’s an ideal place to write ‘MAKE SURE YOU UNZIP THE FILE FIRST’

2954 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

If the URLs are going to change (eg: from /faq/ to /support/) please ensure the old faq URLs are redirected as I link to a few of these from item comments and support forum posts (or not adjust the URL for individual FAQ entries, just the overall listing).

1864 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

Great move forward guys, well done! :)

Btw, why FAQ tab gets replaced with Support tab instead of getting a new tab?

1245 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
Pricop says

Now this is good stuff. :D

152 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Exclusive Author
ait says

Thanks for that, could you please extend number or characters we can write into additional information for buyers? Cheers.

by
by
by
by
by
by