1383 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Serbia
wpCanyonThemes says

Yeah, they have to do something about that. Most of the authors here are actually more then 1 guy i think.

397 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Monkify says

@Smulli – are you the developer or the designer?
Developer.
The problem is that if the items are on the designer’s account the develop will also need to have access to that account so he can give support. It’s all matter of trust in that case.
The solution is for Envato to develop a real forum for each item’s support (which they are working on now!). However, in the mean time, being able to authorize other authors to “reply” to comments for a theme, that would solve the account access problem.

I find this out just after me and my partner developed support forums from scratch. :|

991 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Power Elite Author
+4 more
Parallelus says

@Smulli – are you the developer or the designer?
Developer.
The problem is that if the items are on the designer’s account the develop will also need to have access to that account so he can give support. It’s all matter of trust in that case.
The solution is for Envato to develop a real forum for each item’s support (which they are working on now!). However, in the mean time, being able to authorize other authors to “reply” to comments for a theme, that would solve the account access problem.
I find this out just after me and my partner developed support forums from scratch. :|

They’ve been saying this forever, that they’re working on individual item forums. I don’t think it’s anywhere close to being ready, although I don’t actually know. It is definitely high on the list of desired features for authors and Envato knows that… And (from what I remember) has said they are working on it. But maybe my brain is playing tricks on me and I’m remembering wrong.

3114 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

They’ve been saying this forever, that they’re working on individual item forums. I don’t think it’s anywhere close to being ready, although I don’t actually know. It is definitely high on the list of desired features for authors and Envato knows that… And (from what I remember) has said they are working on it. But maybe my brain is playing tricks on me and I’m remembering wrong.

collis made a post a while ago saying the design was done if i remember right, it was in another thread around the birthday bundle

991 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Power Elite Author
+4 more
Parallelus says

collis made a post a while ago saying the design was done if i remember right, it was in another thread around the birthday bundle

Good to know. Guess I’m not going crazy after all!

960 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
jeffeatworld says

Thanks guys, really helpful.

Makes alot of sense – I suggested sticking with my account due to followers, higher commission rates etc but wanted to check what the consensus was.

Right. Best start developing!!!

by
by
by
by
by
by