I’m working on a theme with my partner who does the coding but he works on a Mac (which shouldn’t be a problem). I work on a PC and I’m responsible for the graphic design. The problem is, all contact forms and input fields look totally different when I’m viewing the page which is online right now, we both use the latest versions of Firefox and IE. My partner claims it’s a problem with PC and Mac but he doesn’t know how to solve it. Could anybody here please help, the communication takes way too long because of this problem.
Here’s a screenshot of both: http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2633/compai.jpg
Without having a page to firebug it’s quite difficult to tell. Are you perhaps using inline-block on form labels?
If you can provide a live URL I ’d be happy to take a look
Welcome to the world of cross browser inconsistencies
You need to reset all form elements first in your css for all browsers – then use CSS to style – you may need to have a separate css style sheet for different IE browsers as they never like to play along nicely via a conditional statement in the top of your html page.
That looks like the initial issue anyways.
Ok, I don’t have a mac, so I’ll tell you what I changed for Firefox on Win.
- in c_style.css, remove line 94
- Next, add these to label on line 62 of the same file: float:left; and width:67px;
- Then, on line 124, change what you have to this: margin-left:4px; width:270px;
It will now look, for Firefox Win, ~ like in your mac screenshot.
You’ll need to test it on the mac though…
@Jonathan – I see his stylesheet is using a reset
There is no css on line 94, anyway I got it working thanks for your help
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.