314 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
kops says

Hi folks,

I have a client who wants to be able to email new joiners to the company with a welcome email.

The catch is they want to be able to edit i.e. add remove FAQ questions from a CMS interface, not from their email clients.

Can anyone recommend WP Email plugin that you have personally used that will allow me to create my own template, then allow the client, via the WSYWIG editor to add and remove their own FAQs / images / text in the middle section of the mail, then send to one-off recipients?

Any suggetions much appreciated as there are several alternatives out there and I’m a tad befuzzled.

Cheers,

Jon.

2004 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Landonw says
314 posts
  • United Kingdom
kops says

Hi Landon,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, Mailchimp seems to be very hot on subscription and opt in.

The client wants to be able to send one-off emails to employees without having to ask them to opt in and without the obligatory, “do you want to subscribe/uncubscribe” line that mailchimp ads to all emails.

Cheers again,

jon.

2429 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
digitalimpact says

If your client DOES have a business relationship with those ‘customers’, then you can follow Landon’s advice. As long as they know they’ll be receiving his emails, he’ll be fine. People know they’ll get emailed, so they’re unlikely to report as spam, etc. And your client can build his list/trust/relationship starting from there.

If your client DOESN ’T have any business relationship and those people aren’t aware they will be contacted AND your client wants a CMS interface to send in bulk, I guess you already know what that’s called. In this case, I’d back-off if I were you :)

314 posts
  • United Kingdom
kops says

Hi, thanks for the response. As mentioned in the initial post, these are new joiners – new employees in the company. They are internal emails.

Cheers,

j

1947 posts Do the Needful
  • Envato Staff
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
  • Support Staff
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+7 more
JamiGibbs Staff says

DTBaker has a WordPress Email Newsletter Plugin over in CodeCanyon that may do what you’re wanting. I haven’t used it personally but it might be worth checking out.

212 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Portugal
shaki says

I’d avice Aweber and their autoresponder services. Pretty neat to send strategic messages to newcomers along the weeks/months. And for less then 200$ a year, it’s a steal and saves you a lot of heachaques.

by
by
by
by
by
by