150 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
MaestroRage says

I am going to be soon connecting with an old friend of mine who has recently joined this site, who goes by Draqo (Draqo say hi if you read this), and I intend to link his profile to my profile and we hope to generate more traffic for each other in this way, since he deals with epic ambient/electronica, and my style if purely epic orchestral, we figure we are compatible enough to click with potential buyers.

However, then I got to thinking. What if the forum members here, the community create a circle network to link each other on our profile pages (and ask potential buyers to visit your profile page for more goodies, which you should do anyways) to drive more traffic to each other.

If we can establish each other as the “go-to” sources for our individual strengths, i’m sure we could do a lot of good for each other and strike up some impulse buys.

Like for example, say somebody is going through my slew of battle songs for a flash game or something, I could connect to ADG3Studio’s great UI pack as a “need some GUI sfx for a game?” pitch. Or MusicForMedia’s great piano tracks. We all have our strengths, why don’t we collect them and advertise each other.

AJ is the only community where I think this could even remotely work, let’s stop competing and start pushing each other up, nobody is going to lose out as far as I can see.

Would anybody be interested?

213 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
vaisnava says

Great idea… I am in, but it may take me time to implement as I have other things going on right now. Also, Maestro who said we are competing? People either like our stuff enough to buy it or they don’t… all we can do is put out what we feel is right. Best wishes…

7 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
SteveChatterton says

I like the idea, myself.

Mind you, I’m a total newbie (first post), and I haven’t built up much of a portfolio yet, but I think we should always be looking for new ways to get the word out.

The hard part will be knowing where to draw the line without making people feel excluded by the cool kids and all that high school nonsense.

150 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
MaestroRage says

as true as that may be, the most effective networks are the ones that aren’t too bloated. I think those who bother to post here and at the least attempt to get to know the other community members should have the right to opt in. We can’t possibly link everybody to everybody, that’s what AJ’s platform is for.

And Vaisnava, though we are not directly declaring competition with each other, it’s not a secret that when multiple members submit in the same category and same style of song, competition begins to arise. People won’t buy the 3 same style of songs, they’ll pick the best one of the 3 they like best.

417 posts
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Sharky says

I’ve just finished a video using one of audiojungle’s authors tracks. Only just got approved last night :)

http://videohive.net/item/the-rake-media-pack/27647

Not sure how well its working for him yet but we’ll see. But in anycase we’ll help in this sense!

52 posts
  • Italy
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
blazznet says

well cross links are always good .. but i suppose .. they should match what a buyer might want to follow… so kin dof hard who do you link too .. everybody, wouldnt really make sense and too much info for a buyer to sort through .. maybe a ring is agood idea .. i link to … who links to … who links you get the idea

13 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Draqo says

HI ZOMG ! Can I have cookie now?

This indeed is a great idea.

by
by
by
by
by
by