243 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
Crian says

Hello Community!

I was thinking about composing some seasonal music so I need some christmas sounds for the next time. I mean these typical bells, shakers, etc. :) Which program has some or are there any samples for free? And if yes – how do I open them?

Have a nice evening, Crian :)

622 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
LucaFormicola says

You can search them on Google writing “bells wav”. There are some sites with free sounds. Enjoy ;)

243 posts
  • Germany
  • Exclusive Author
Crian says

Thank you! How do I get them into Cubase? Like I play the note “A1” and it plays the bell in A1?

622 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
LucaFormicola says

Well, this case is different cause wav sounds are good not for playing note but just as they “sound”, if you need different note you should have a plug-in within a “kit of bells” for example..

386 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Poland
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
DamianN says

Christmas bells are relatively easy to synthesize… But you can always search in google ‘bells soundbanks’ for realistic bells or ‘bells [your vst] presets’ for synthesized. Good luck HO-HO-HO !

249 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
miksmusic says

Which version of Cubase are you using? As far as I recall, versions 4 and up come bundled with a sampler (HalionOne) that has a variety of bell sounds. Hope that helps.

Cheers

198 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
adammonroe says

I believe you might want some SLIEGH BELLS , some GLOCKENSPIEL , Maybe some CHIMES ? . You’ll need a sample library that includes these things. I use Virtual Drumline – Lots of different percussion sounds in there.

243 posts
  • Germany
  • Exclusive Author
Crian says

Thank you for all your answers! :)

Well I don’t know which Cubase version I actually have – it’s a very old sequencer my father bought about 5 years ago, haha. :) So unfortunately there is no Halion integrated. Well the bells, etc. is not such a big problem, I need this typical “schschschschsch” used in all christmas songs, you know. Sorry for the Justin Bieber Example but I mean the sound at the beginning starting at 0.00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjeesLtahks I can’t find something like this on my sound librarys, i have EastWest Stormdrum and Morphestra that own a percussion section ..
by
by
by
by
by
by