232 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
placdarms Envato team says

It’s that time of year again when we start to see Christmas projects uploaded again. I see a lot of average or even terrible christmas submissions from authors that normally create good stuff. Keep in mind that we don’t lower standards just because it’s christmas or just because you don’t have christmas project in your portfolio jet, and you feel that you need one. In fact christmas projects should be even higher quality than usual stuff because they only sell for short period of time.

When it comes to christmas sometimes it seams that everyone forget all trendy techniques and return to 90’s when stylish christmas themes were those that you can still find Googling for “free christmas cards”

Make sure you have concept before you start producing your next (or first) christmas template and make it trendy, modern, stylish and up to the standards. Otherwise you risk to get rejected or left with just few sales and file that is useless in your portfolio for most of the year.

Think out of the box!

460 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
white-shade says

11 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
MGBird says

Thanks for this reminder !

53 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
imagodei says

I for one would really appreciate high quality Christmas projects! Thanks for the suggestion!

232 posts
+9 more
imagodei said
I for one would really appreciate high quality Christmas projects! Thanks for the suggestion!

I put together a list of Christmas projects that I think are interesting and stand above the average: http://videohive.net/collections/1397141-christmas-video-greeting-card-ideas

Actually I was quite surprised that we don’t have a lot of Christmas themed projects here. It’s the right moment to create some. I really hope we’ll receive some amazing submissions as season approaches.

267 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+3 more
VinhSonNguyen says
placdarms said
imagodei said

I put together a list of Christmas projects that I think are interesting and stand above the average: http://videohive.net/collections/1397141-christmas-video-greeting-card-ideas

Actually I was quite surprised that we don’t have a lot of Christmas themed projects here. It’s the right moment to create some. I really hope we’ll receive some amazing submissions as season approaches.

You actually just reminded me, thanks! By the way, nice list of Christmas projects, of course the first 2 would be yours ;)

232 posts
+9 more

I’m glad you like the collection. As regarding my projects- they just happen to be 2 most recently uploaded Christmas projects. I keep monitoring the submissions and if some more great Christmas themed project comes in I’ll add them as well. ;)

1815 posts Videohive author & moderator
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
Mocarg Volunteer moderator says
white-shade said

hahahahahahahahahahahah i laughed so hard :D

On the topic:

Let’s think out of the box people!!! :D

33 posts