409 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
joesacco says

Ahh I think maybe I found the link you were talking about ?!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4642323828862705956

And yes that would be me lol .. A few years ago …

409 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
joesacco says

And I’d like your guys opinion on my track… Because I think it was unfairly rejected … The only similarities I hear in these two songs are the fact that they both use a piano… Actually listening to it now I don’t even hear a similarity in the chord progression.. Do you??

Motivational Piano Tune

http://soundcloud.com/joesacco/motivational-piano-tune-audio

Adele – Someone Like You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLQl3WQQoQ0
78 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Spain
ThatBeat says

Hi Joe, I must agree with you. It’s the same chord progression and there is a piano. But I would never say it’s the same tune. All that I could say is that the song is a sound-alike. And Audiojungle has a plenty of sound-alikes….

I can suggest you to improve the song with some new arrangements. You know whistle, clapping, ukelele,...sorry just joking :D But maybe using different chord inversions, adding new instruments,...

And a couple of funny videos about similar chord progressions: Keep up the great work you’re doing here, man!

David

409 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
joesacco says

Thanks David! I will check out those videos you mentioned. You’re right though the world desperately needs some more clapping, whistling, ukelele songs right now!!

73 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Canada
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 more
MD9 says

Haha, uh oh. I have a song in the queue with the exact same progression (I mean, C, G/B, Em, F, that’s what you got in your Motivational Piano Tune). And I was already worried it might sound too similar to something but I’m not sure what. But as Rosier pointed out there are many was to make a song unique besides chord progression and my song is very different from yours. In fact it is a ukulele, whistling, clapping song! No joke. Except the whistling is a Toy Piano and the clapping is snapping… I figured I gotta give it a shot if that’s what the people want, I don’t care. I can do all sorts of crazy genres but I’d like to make some money. Sorry, getting side tracked…

409 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
joesacco says

That’s exactly it. Either make what you like or make what sells. Or make yourself like what sells! Good luck with the track.

by
by
by
by
by
by