396 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Twisterium says

Hi everybody! I would ask one thing. Who from you guys faced a question of choice category of loaded file? I mean style. What if the track is not corresponds a category “cinematic” or “motivational”. For example, what category corresponds “Resistance” by MUSE or “I Feel You ” by Depeche Mode or “Glosoli” by Sigur Ros? Any ideas?

606 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
TortoiseTree says

Normally the AudioJungle review staff change the category if they really feel that you didn’t put the song in the right category. Personally I wouldn’t put a song under motivational unless it really fits in the genre as that category moves really quickly and if it doesn’t get picked up immediately it might disappear to the back of the library (it’s happened to me tons). I personally try to put things in as specific and correct category as possible that way if someone is looking for that sort of thing later on, it’s easy to find for them!

Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
468 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Envato team says

I was faced with the same dilemma on a track that is currently being reviewed.
I chose to go with “pop” which is what I would qualify Muse and Depeche Mode. Sigur Ros might be a little more alternative.
Hope this helps!

396 posts
+3 more
Twisterium says

Yes. I mean that sometimes the track combines elements of different styles. And it is hard to choose: is it rock or pop? (for example)

60 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Ukraine
Wital says

This is a very interesting topic. My lounge track turned into the logo? :| It’s magic!!!

396 posts
+3 more
Twisterium says

This is a very interesting topic. My lounge track turned into the logo? :| It’s magic!!!
Probably it’s just a staff’s opinion :) You can send a massage to reviewer in this case.

My problem is different. There is no category where i can put my new track… Do we need more categories?

150 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
JamesonGerdon says

Sometimes what I do is, I will put my track in one category that fits the track and then if it’s a mix of genres I will put those other genres in the tags and in the item description. I hope that helps :) It would be nice if there was an “Alternative” genre. I feel like alternative music is becoming a lot more popular for advertisements these days.

606 posts
  • Located in Australia
+2 more
TortoiseTree says

Sometimes what I do is, I will put my track in one category that fits the track and then if it’s a mix of genres I will put those other genres in the tags and in the item description. I hope that helps :) It would be nice if there was an “Alternative” genre. I feel like alternative music is becoming a lot more popular for advertisements these days.
+1 Yes! Sometimes putting things in just “Pop” doesn’t really feel right as you know the track is a specific style!
400 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
BigBouncyBright says

Interesting topic, I noticed that numerous of corporate tracks also could be uploaded in acoustic / folk category and so on

by
by
by
by
by
by