93 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+8 more
23andwalnut says

I have to agree with others. The new position of the upload box is a huge step backwards in terms of usability – for the exact reasons GravityDept already stated. I upload new items very infrequently, but I check the item comments several times a day. I will probably just modify one of the many chrome plugins I already use on the marketplaces to hide this new box, but I wish I didn’t have to…

1739 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

Funny you should mention this ;) keep your eyes peeled.

Thanks, would keep my eyes on it ;)

1028 posts Freelance Flash and JavaScript Developer
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
sike says

Anyone else like me have an unnecessary dot before the time label in the first comment? (Mountain Lion Safari 6)
And I prefer the previous upload design too.

894 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
infuse01 says

Why not switching to bootstrap? There is anyway a contest ;-)

No, to be honest, it is quite funny to watch the whole process. The situation before: Several weeks there were nothing. You could almost smell the dust from the dessert. Nothing has changed, no announcements to improvements or similar. The most authors (including me) were really waiting for anything new. And then “bam” from one minute to the next there is the final announcement. And you can watch the whole community talking about buttons. Not that it wouldn’t be important, but it is just funny.

But here is my opinion:

Beside, that I have to agree with the majority here in terms of usability, I would also like to add that envato could also ask BEFORE changes takes place. I think the Envato Marketplaces are a unique place where you find the most creative and professional people where nearly everyone has experiences in design, communication, usability, and so on. Why not asking them about their opinion and discuss all the details. I believe with such an transparent process everybody would understand why a certain change has been made and why others aren’t.

Actually it is quite embarrassing that you don’t take that joker and ask some professionals from the community who actually need to work with those interface EVERY DAY .

5989 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

To be frank, we need improvements targeting ThemeForest and CodeCanyon marketplaces where upload is not frequent but usability on item page is key.

I guess the Upload option positioned to motivate frequent uploads on GR and similar marketplace authors but please just don’t halt there.

69 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in France
rafaelrasalan says

Doesn’t Envato have UX team to do all these stuff? I mean 2 million members. From small to big business, User Experience should be the number 1 priority. This is a “Big Internet Company” right?

121 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+2 more
rabidflash says

I have only one question: “why these changes”? Out of all the zillion requests that people make each day..why these..??

3197 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+10 more
ThomGeskin says

I guess the Upload option positioned to motivate frequent uploads on GR and similar marketplace authors
I sure hope the repositioning wasn’t based solely on motivation, since what really should be done to motivate GR authors to upload are more competitions, interesting challenges, higher income opportunities, better exposure, badges, etc.

but please just don’t halt there.
Agreed.
2600 posts Community Team
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+17 more
contrastblack Envato team says

I guess the Upload option positioned to motivate frequent uploads on GR and similar marketplace authors
I sure hope the repositioning wasn’t based solely on motivation, since what really should be done to motivate GR authors to upload are more competitions, interesting challenges, higher income opportunities, better exposure, badges, etc.

but please just don’t halt there.
Agreed.

Wut? I thought only 3DO authors survived on competitions haha :D

5989 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Sorry used wrong word, replace “motivate” with “help”. :D

Btw, the op says there are changes on item comments too but couldn’t find any difference. Anything changed there too?

by
by
by
by
by
by