• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

If you really think new authors can’t find the upload box why not display it just for new authors with no items. All authors with at least one item already found it (obviously) and don’t need it in this famous position

Sounds like a good solution to me :)

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

If you really think new authors can’t find the upload box why not display it just for new authors with no items. All authors with at least one item already found it (obviously) and don’t need it in this famous position
Sounds like a good solution to me :)

According to Devs response on earlier page, probably “upload” going to be added to the top drop-down menu too. In such case everyone would be happy – we can even safely remove the entire upload box as we can choose everything from upload page and reach that page with single click.

Still worrying about the fact that only these kind of changes are the “improvements” in their point of view?

3364 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

According to Devs response on earlier page, probably “upload” going to be added to the top drop-down menu too. In such case everyone would be happy.

Agreed. Seems like all the upload functionality (e.g. picking the item type) should be encapsulated on the “Upload” page, and the dashboard could just have a button in the sidebar linking to it.

Still worrying about the fact that only these kind of changes are the “improvements” in their point of view?

Well, I think the process is iterative. As long as Envato continues to refine solutions regularly, I think that’s okay if the solution is temporarily sub-optimal. I expect this particular change probably came about because of a large number of new authors asking “How to I upload???” I think the solution needs some tweaking, but clearly they are trying to address author concerns.

Also, as this is the first of many changes to come, I’ll withhold judgment – just because this change was implemented first, doesn’t mean it is the top priority. I expect the best is yet to come :)

900 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Serbia
  • Exclusive Author
aleluja says

edit: delete this :facepalm:

1399 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Croatia
OriginalEXE says

I believe Envato psychology worked out. I have uploaded two plugins in two days because of this new form staring at me every time I check out for comments.

Wizardry…

3744 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

^ In case you don’t know, you can’t have 2 items on homepage at the same time. I would wait for one out of recents to publish the second. Just my 2 cents. ;)

1399 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Croatia
OriginalEXE says

^ In case you don’t know, you can’t have 2 items on homepage at the same time. I would wait for one out of recents to publish the second. Just my 2 cents. ;)

:crying::crying:

Thank you very much for telling me, I have just removed the one I submitted now, will wait for the other one to vanish.

Appreciated!

594 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
designcise says

I have to agree with others. The new position of the upload box is a huge step backwards in terms of usability – for the exact reasons GravityDept already stated. I upload new items very infrequently, but I check the item comments several times a day. I will probably just modify one of the many chrome plugins I already use on the marketplaces to hide this new box, but I wish I didn’t have to…

+1

894 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
infuse01 says

Serious? I didn’t know that

42 posts
  • Christmas Island
  • Exclusive Author
c0nfuzzle says

WOW . I noticed. Thanks!

by
by
by
by