116 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
MatthewTanner says

Dies anyone know how you change music category once a track has been approved and gone live. The edit screen doesn’t seem to have that as an option. I can change title, tags, even the audio file but not the category… Am I missing something? Thanks.

SemblanceProduction
SemblanceProduction Recent Posts Threads Started
599 posts
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
SemblanceProduction says

Try submitting your song for a review and provide a comment to the reviewer asking them to change the category for you.

151 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
wingzara says

Go the the edit tab of your song and put in a comment to the reviewer that you want to change the category and post it. It has been suggested that you need to change one other field to get the re-review. Don’t know if this is so, but I’ve added an additional tag in the past just to be sure.This re-review happens fairly quickly (mine was about 5 minutes).

In some cases the original reviewer will change the category from the one you submitted to a better fit but they will normally tell you if they have done this, in the acceptance email.

2089 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

Just like other said, you should edit something from your item which demands to be reviewed again (for example, edit tags) and while doing that, you write your other request (about category) in comment to reviewer.

However, there is another route to achieve this: through support. ;) Although, this is slower :)

116 posts
MatthewTanner says

Thanks fellas – tried changing a few tags and resubmitting with a request to change category – worked like a dream. Was all done in five minutes!

by
by
by
by
by
by