I hope it makes some sense to you. :asleep:

324 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
NikolaSusa says

I have a needy girlfriend and several Must-Buy-a-Present occasions, so count me out. :<

6000 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

+1 Although consumerism imposed a lot by narrow minded corporations, the good reply is maintaining the habit of buying only what fits the need – instead of what sold with discount. I guess by sometime inbetween 2013 – 201300 AD, corporations will feel ‘shy’ to ask buyers to “BUY OURS ” and focus on fitness to meet needs. :P

271 posts The Dominant One
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
wptitans says

+1 Although consumerism imposed a lot by narrow minded corporations, the good reply is maintaining the habit of buying only what fits the need – instead of what sold with discount. I guess by sometime inbetween 2013 – 201300 AD, corporations will feel ‘shy’ to ask buyers to “BUY OURS ” and focus on fitness to meet needs. :P

Why do you +1. Where already having fewer sales and higher competition :D.

People don’t listen to this Zen … ;), BUY BUY BUY TILL YOU DROP .

632 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Thecodingdude says

Posting this on a forum where authors rely on people buying stuff…great thinking! XD

1734 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

Posting this on a forum where authors rely on people buying stuff…great thinking! XD

The idea of this thread is to read the article first. It is addressing the issue of spending money on things you don’t really need, for purposes they don’t really fulfill. I am not very keen on people buying my items if they don’t need them. They are made for serving a specific purpose.

And if you need to buy stuff for your business or work, go ahead and do that.
287 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 100+ members
+9 more
DPereyra says

I agree 100% with the idea of the thread…. there is a difference in buying something because you really need it and not just because everyone else buy it..

335 posts
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 500+ members
+4 more
Folksnet says
If you buying stuff that you don’t need you have a problem and you need to pay visit to some shrink. I never understood people who have a personal problem and in order to do something about it he/she drag whole bunch of people with them.

Making headlines like this one is not welcome in my shopping district. I didn’t read the article and I will not go and waist my time reading it, but headline like this one can do some damage. Next time if you want to do something like this just don’t drag other people along with you.
1257 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
harmonikas996 says

If you buying stuff that you don’t need you have a problem and you need to pay visit to some shrink. I never understood people who have a personal problem and in order to do something about it he/she drag whole bunch of people with them.

Making headlines like this one is not welcome in my shopping district. I didn’t read the article and I will not go and waist my time reading it, but headline like this one can do some damage. Next time if you want to do something like this just don’t drag other people along with you.
+1
5351 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

I’ll be shopping this holiday season. Because the money I give to these “evil” corporations allows them to provide jobs for average people who can then put food on the table for their kids.

by
by
by
by
by
by