1839 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
ShermanJackson says

Yesterday a buyer purchased an item of mine, but the problem is/was he’s spanish and I don’t know a word of spanish…. :) and he didn’t know a word of english.

At first I was like English??? and he was like rattling stuff out in Spanish.

In eagerness to help him out I was drawn to Google Translate after which, I was conversing with him like I was a spanish pro.

So I urge all authors to not panic when a client has doubts and can’t converse in your language. Google Translate can break the language barrier easily.

I have a happy Spanish Buyer!

1431 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
mrcharlesbrown says

Treating a buyer well is one of the best methods of succeeding here – you will gain both potential buyers (that means many more sales) and freelance offer.

Even if a buyer is annoying, one should thread softly and give his/her best support. Spending a lot of time promoting items across the net while giving poor support to buyers is not the best approach. You don’t even have to spend a lot of important time promoting your work when there are many unsatisfied buyers seeking your support. If you are more keenly interested in supporting your buyers – that will boost your sales because they will always come back to purchase more. Sales always come once a good number of buyers trust your work. There are many decent people out there that can be doing all the promotion for you. Make buyers your first priority here on Envato and you will gain their trust.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck mates!

475 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
LuisFaus says

Since google translator is well known for its unreliability, alternatively you can contact an author with the same language as the buyer to help you out. :)

1839 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
ShermanJackson says

Funcionaba bien conmigo :)

by
by
by
by