308 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
BittLoader says

Hi guys,

I’m just trying to get approved my first themeforest file. I uploaded a theme and it was rejected because “it was too common”. After i made the requested changes, i tried to upload it again, but i can’t find the tab where are the rejected files so i can UPDATE my file. So i tried to upload it again, from scratch and guess what, it was rejected again, because i “didn’t update the rejected file”.

So what can i do?

Thanks to all!

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

In the reject email they give you the link of the pending-for-update file. I think it is also present in your portfolio list, but only visible by you..

3468 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

If you go to your Profile and then click the “Hidden” tab, is it there? I think that’s where soft-rejected items go.

But if you were hard-rejected, I thought you just had to resubmit, so I’m not really sure…

308 posts
+4 more
BittLoader says

It is not under “Hidden” tab and i didn’t get any email with the link of the pending-for-update file. All i got are some requirements and link where i can go if i need more answers (http://themeforest.net/support?sso).

I opened a ticket also and i have no answer so far.

308 posts
+4 more
BittLoader says

The second reason i got is this: “This is a resubmission of a previously rejected submission. Resubmitting without making the required changes or any improvements is not considered acceptable use of the Envato marketplaces and repeated attempts may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of authorship.

If this item was previously soft-rejected, please resubmit your updated files by updating the item directly. If this item was previously hard-rejected, it must be changed as required in the initial review or significantly improved such that it qualifies as a new item.”

But i don’t understand because first time i didn’t find the rejected item under “Hidden” tab and i resubmit it again from scratch, as a new item (of course, after i made the requested changes). So even now, after i’m second time rejected, i can’t find the rejected item under the “Hidden” tab. So, what should i do? If i will upload it again as a new item, i might be rejected again for the same reason… :confused:

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

Hm, I think it’s pretty clear… First time you got full-rejected and second time you uploaded it had not significant updates…

3468 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

Hm, I think it’s pretty clear… First time you got full-rejected and second time you uploaded it had not significant updates…

Exactly.

You’ll need to make significant improvements before resubmitting.

308 posts
+4 more
BittLoader says

Well, when i uploaded it second time (after made the updates), i wrote a message to the reviewer and told him i can’t see the rejected file. Also, second time, there was another reviewer than first time but all i think is… he just saw my message and didn’t check the files. Also he couldn’t know how was my theme before i upload it second time.

I’m so confused because i never had this problem before. :(

426 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
SimpleSites4U says

I thought files which have been rejected totally do not appear anywhere, it’s only files which are soft rejected which appear under the ‘hidden’ tab in your admin area.

At least thats the case for me

308 posts
+4 more
BittLoader says

So if it is hard-rejected i need to do more improvements and to upload it as a new item. I will to see what can i do then i will give it another try.

by
by
by
by
by
by