5088 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

I think we do need to wait for an official ruling here. And I think we do need to know about what happened and why. This effects all of our incomes, and for those of us who are very respectful of copyright, it sometimes feels like there’s an “guilty until proven innocent” attitude sneaking in. This mustn’t happen. This would not be a victory for copyright protection. This would be a gross over-reaction to a tricky and subtle problem.
Totally agree. Can you communicate with someone from the staff ?

Let’s wait and see what the outcome is first.

1615 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
cyzer says

waiting with all of you guys. This is just unbelievable

1615 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

Anyway before we know all sides of the coin… I guess that would happen if a very big company or producer would fill a copyright complaint about videohive author. Envato would disable account instantaneously – affraid of getting into bigger trouble. I am sure he will comeback… with maybe one file less :)

In Envato we all are like a family http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX7GycmeQVo they would not do that.

5382 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

I don’t know the details and I won’t speculate on the situation, but Support will not disable an account for trivial reasons. If it was a DMCA there is a strict procedure we need to follow – http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Live/Knowledgebase/Article/View/115

1036 posts Massfocus
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 500+ members
+7 more
Massfocus says

Wow i just readup this thread, i hope he will come back. His work was a true inspiration for allot of us. I wonder how the issue will be resolved.

5088 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

http://vimeo.com/46518650 This project looks very similar to one of his broadcast packs… Maybe they have purchased his project from videohive, or maybe he copied this project.

I’d be very surprised if a large high-end piece of channel branding, completed by a big mograph studio (probably via a bigger branding agency) for an even bigger TV channel would even begin to think about using a $30 template. Far too much risk involved.

Nothing’s impossible, I guess.

5 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
abrial says

felt_tips, I think the same but i also think that the punishment is very severe. We are going to lose one of the best motiongraher. One mistake in 3 years and everything finish? :(

338 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
vaynah says

To me, it doesn’t look like vectorica copied that project. I can see that he might have been inspired by some of it’s animations, but overall they are nowhere near the same.

Let’s just wait and see what happens.

7378 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

To me, it doesn’t look like vectorica copied that project.

yes, indeed, is different. But as KingDog said envato have this protocol in place, in theory they will disable the item, not the author, except perhaps if the claimant is some big business. I know how world works so we can speak about fair treatment but you don’t want to mess with people who literally have an army of lawyers. I can’t really blame envato if they take this road.

I’m speculating but if one gets a DMCA notice and he doesn’t fill the counter DMCA notice in time, envato will probably assume you are guilty or something.

But people take work breaks, and envato mail fails to get inside normal mail folder 6 out 10 times. Is not to hard to get stuck in some crap like this.

Anyway, I don’t understand why the author doesn’t come here and tell his part of the story. Just make a new account or something.

413 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+4 more
realthing says

To me, it doesn’t look like vectorica copied that project.

yes, indeed, is different. But as KingDog said envato have this protocol in place, in theory they will disable the item, not the author, except perhaps if the claimant is some big business. I know how world works so we can speak about fair treatment but you don’t want to mess with people who literally have an army of lawyers. I can’t really blame envato if they take this road.

I’m speculating but if one gets a DMCA notice and he doesn’t fill the counter DMCA notice in time, envato will probably assume you are guilty or something.

But people take work breaks, and envato mail fails to get inside normal mail folder 6 out 10 times. Is not to hard to get stuck in some crap like this.

Anyway, I don’t understand why the author doesn’t come here and tell his part of the story. Just make a new account or something.

Vectorica answer to most of the forum comments through twitter

by
by
by
by
by
by