5162 posts
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

I’m waiting for the day that they can record RAW at 25 fps. They’re not far off in short bursts, but I guess the main problem is one of overheating. They’re a little prone to overheating anyway. (and have you seen the size of the fan on the back of a RED 1 ).

It’d be cool if they brought out a version that could use film lenses too. (although I understand there’s an adaptor).

In the meantime, I might splash out on a 7D. I kind of fancy doing some stop frame too.

-f.

443 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
vibes35 says

As a 7D user I would suggest the 7D over the 60D unless you want to take the plunge to the higher end camera!

7D is amazing and features a bit more than the 60D- reflected in the price!!

Either way both are good cameras but me the 7D is choice :)

509 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
5p1r17 says

Joining to vibes35 words! I’ve bought 7D more for video purposes and … hell yeah, i did the right choise! :)

306 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+2 more
DigitalRicky says

And I had just bought the T2i a week ago, should I return it and get this one?

224 posts Per aspera ad Astra
  • Won a competition
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
Wayman says

Experts in marketing of company Canon have once again proved that deservedly get wages – All again think what model better to buy. :bigsmile:

I had a Panasonic Lumix DMC -FZ50, and I know that rotary screen it is convenient and useful, but now I have a Canon 7D and I’m pleased with my fixed screen. :) If at the time of purchase 7D on sale would be a 60D, I also would have thought that it was better to buy … I would set to myself only two questions “What advantages I receive if I buy more expensive 7D?” and “What I lose if I buy little more cheaper 60D?”. If advantages are not so big, and losses not such big then I choose 60D. If that all on the contrary then my choice – 7D, and the rotary screen won’t overpersuade me in my choice. :)

443 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+9 more
vibes35 says

T2i is a great camera also but…. if you have the extra dough :) go for the 7D – you will not be disappointed.. although both use the same sensor the 7D is built better and will offer you the better product! Good luck!

232 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
placdarms Envato team says

If you do that you’ll never have a chance to actually use your camera, because there ALWAYS will be better/newer/with more features/etc that camera that you own at the moment. If I would have what you have – I’d be happy. Since I still have only money – I’m exploring where to invest – this is the moment you get to choose. Once you’ve made your choice – be happy with it.

145 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
+5 more
frayquantum says
I’m not going to get it right away so probably once- my time comes, Nikon will offer something even better.
Nikon already has something better…..
share some facts, please. I’m tempted to get Nikon, because all my friends have nikon and we would be able to exchange lenses then, but I haven’t seen any better offers by Nikon (talking about video side here).

don’t worry about using nikon lenses (or even FD lenses for that matter) on canon EOS mount, there are conversion rings available from ebay that’s made of machined aluminum.

since you will be using them for video, you’ll end up using a follow focus anyway… a lot of Nikon and FD lens works great on Canon mount

by
by
by
by
by
by