1257 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Pricop says

So I can tell the other author to purchase a random amount of extended licences where I think its fair for me that he can sell my plugin in his wp theme? If the author does not accept that, can I tell envato that he should contact the author and tell him to remove my plugin from his source files?

I think you can ask for the Item removal or Item update without your plugin being in the code.

7300 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

depends when he added it also since the license change will only apply to files uploaded since the change was made right?

if I remember correctly I think you are right

8234 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

depends when he added it also since the license change will only apply to files uploaded since the change was made right?
if I remember correctly I think you are right

that’s the case with most items that have a license. As long as you have a copy with the old license it still stands, you just can’t update it etc… which may be tricky to police with files here etc…

5324 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

This was in fact stated when the new rules were released, so for all these situations, no doubt timing will be important.

So I can tell the other author to purchase a random amount of extended licences where I think its fair for me that he can sell my plugin in his wp theme?

From everything I’ve read, there’s no verbiage that discusses monetary compensation. As I pointed out earlier, this statement in the license:

To keep things simple, the first author can permit the second author to do this under the terms of the extended license.

... is somewhat incomplete as it doesn’t discuss if an actual extended license purchase is required.

So under the present documentation, I really don’t see anything stopping you from requesting that the author purchase multiple extended licenses.

by
by
by
by
by
by