• Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
Pricop says

So I can tell the other author to purchase a random amount of extended licences where I think its fair for me that he can sell my plugin in his wp theme? If the author does not accept that, can I tell envato that he should contact the author and tell him to remove my plugin from his source files?

I think you can ask for the Item removal or Item update without your plugin being in the code.

7184 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

depends when he added it also since the license change will only apply to files uploaded since the change was made right?

if I remember correctly I think you are right

8190 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

depends when he added it also since the license change will only apply to files uploaded since the change was made right?
if I remember correctly I think you are right

that’s the case with most items that have a license. As long as you have a copy with the old license it still stands, you just can’t update it etc… which may be tricky to police with files here etc…

5311 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

This was in fact stated when the new rules were released, so for all these situations, no doubt timing will be important.

So I can tell the other author to purchase a random amount of extended licences where I think its fair for me that he can sell my plugin in his wp theme?

From everything I’ve read, there’s no verbiage that discusses monetary compensation. As I pointed out earlier, this statement in the license:

To keep things simple, the first author can permit the second author to do this under the terms of the extended license.

... is somewhat incomplete as it doesn’t discuss if an actual extended license purchase is required.

So under the present documentation, I really don’t see anything stopping you from requesting that the author purchase multiple extended licenses.

by
by
by
by
by
by