914 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
joiaco says

What a pleasure to hear that i am not the only one who has been feeling guilty about spending too much time sitting down. I read recently that there is a real danger of colon and joint problems if one doesn’t get up and move around. Apparently a brisk walk for half an hour each day is as beneficial as any other kind of work out. This thread has motivated me to do that even without a step counter. :P

438 posts
  • Located in United States
christopherjon says

So I’d love to hear your advice. This week I’m trying two shorter walks a day – one when I wake up, and one after dinner. But I need to find other ways of being more active throughout the day. What do you do? I love to hear your ideas!

Lift heavy and watch your diet. Seriously.

Compound lifts, 3 times a week. On alternate days do cardio. Take weekends off.

It’s a life changer, mentally and physically.

1373 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
dekurvajo says

I just waiting for the time when we can leave this bloody city. Then I will Plant vegetables, and do some minor farming. Just for ourself. I will not use machines (i mean engines) and I’l guarantee i will always have to do something. Swimming, weightlifting, and Sauna will be additional. And once i will have a chance again then spearfishing, and hunting. I hate this city…

4323 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

I will definitely get a Fitbit Flex. I sit for way too long and I don’t walk enough I NEED this.

1739 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

Congrats Adrian and thank you for letting me know about this gadget :D gotta get me one :D

324 posts
+2 more
NikolaSusa says

I will definitely get a Fitbit Flex. I sit for way too long and I don’t walk enough I NEED this.

Get addicted to caffeine. You’ll walk to the kitchen and back every 20 minutes. :P
121 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+2 more
rabidflash says

I use my phone to track my activity while jogging and generally go out for ~6KM each day, which according to the app is ~20k steps :) .
Although I like runtastic, I use cardio trainer as it has better audio feedback. I thought of buying nike ’s tracker but then realized that my mobile serves the purpose just as well.

506 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
theAlThemist says

Well… my experience proved such gadgets absolutely useless. The sad truth is – we need to be more active and gadgets do not help in this. :) And believe me I know what I’m talking about. For the last one year I have lost 30+ kilograms (was 120 kg and 87-88 kg now). It wasn’t easy and and it was really painful in the beginning. But the result is worth it. I feel like 15 years younger now (not to mention the visual difference).

Sport, sport, sport and sport again. And a lot of discipline when choosing the right food (which doesn’t mean to forget about your favorite things like sweets, fried stuff, chocolate etc.)

Sitting before the computer every day is slowly killing us. Now the Gym, the mountain bike and the snowboard are my best friends. I would miss a deadline (thankfully I don’t have deadlines) instead of my daily workout.

Here is a before/after picture 7 months ago. And it took 6 moths to achieve it so it’s not that terrible. ;)

It’s all about willpower, not gadgets. It’s that simple. ;)

223 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Australia
+3 more
adriantry Envato team says

Lift heavy and watch your diet. Seriously. Compound lifts, 3 times a week. On alternate days do cardio. Take weekends off.

Interesting advice. We recently bought an exercise chair with weights – mainly because the kids wanted one. I was just saying this morning that I should start to use it, and you’ve made it official. Thanks Chris!

223 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Australia
+3 more
adriantry Envato team says

For the last one year I have lost 30+ kilograms (was 120 kg and 87-88 kg now). It wasn’t easy and and it was really painful in the beginning. But the result is worth it. I feel like 15 years younger now (not to mention the visual difference).

Koev, you’re an inspiration. I’m aiming to lose at least 20 kg this year. And I’m hoping that this will give me lots of energy for work and the rest of life.

Over the last six months or so I’ve noticed it becoming much harder to maintain focus and motivation while working. At first I thought it may have been due to working too hard, or not taking enough holidays. But by studying the problem over a few months, I’ve realised it has more to do with caffeine intake, blood sugar levels, and the fact I’m not active enough.

After I finish another hour of work, I’m heading out for a long walk – my second walk today. Thanks for the encouragement!

by
by
by
by
by
by