2005 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Never buy something else as a RME !! It’s not the cheapest, but over time it’s gonna be cheaper than other, because you buy it once! Especially when you had a biad one already, the second should last for longer…
Even Babyface is a excellent interface: Great Audio values, but most of all, RME have the shortest latency of all!! And always drivers that work with the latest Chipsets and OS, even after many years. Same with free Firmware updates!

QAudioProductions
QAudioProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
36 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Europe
QAudioProductions says

True MatSteiner; RME is great. I use the new RME UCX and it`s simply great. German Quality :-) For the little pocket I would go for Roland (Edirol), Focusrite or M-Audio.

279 posts Make music with passion or don't make music at all
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
sweetwaveaudio says

I started with an M-Audio Fast Track and then upgraded to an Alesis io26. No complaints with either and theyre not too expensive.

2005 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

I started with an M-Audio Fast Track and then upgraded to an Alesis io26. No complaints with either and theyre not too expensive.
You don’t know what you miss, when you record with a Alesis io instead of a RME! :) Super short latency and more CPU power!
256 posts God always geometrizes
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
kristijanf says

in my own experience, M-audio, Presonus , Focusrite and that stuff are very affordable but not good sounding units. First thing that has drastically better sound is RME, and even it is a semi-pro gear, you can get pro results.And it is very reliable, very long lasting, and keeps up a good price.

Next step is Aurora, Apogee Ad-Da, and step above would be Prism, Radar ,etc (but these stuff are very very expensive)

I am a fan of German technology and precission, that is why i point RME. I personally do not use it any more, but i have a great experience ,since many friends of mine still use it for a long time.

42 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Located in Netherlands
+2 more
FactoryofMusic says

RME units are great for the price. Steinbergs MR816 interfaces are very good also. Eight preamps though, so it’s maybe a little overkill for you right now.

54 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
almmusic says

Thanks everyone, this is all really helpful. RME sounds like the best of the best and a good investment but its probably a bit more than I need at the moment. So far I’m leaning towards the focusrite, plenty of positive feedback – not the best but I think it’ll do the job for now. Cheers all :)

by
by
by
by
by
by