54 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
almmusic says

Hi Music makers!

Really glad I’ve found this site, loads of great music on here and there’s an abundance of useful info being shared in these forums.

As the title says I’m in the need of some recommendations on audio interfaces.

I’m looking to ditch my Samson G-track (it’s too noisy for a start) and replace with a better solution for recording electric guitar and acoustic instruments (I’ll get a mic upgrade later)

I have a usb keyboard so don’t need MIDI – but if it has it its not a problem. Using windows 7 (if this makes any difference). Don’t need pro tools compatibility.

I’m still on a brown paw so I don’t have mega bucks to spend at the moment!

Any info on your own setups and experiences of different audio interfaces would be massively appreciated.

Thanks guys:)

256 posts God always geometrizes
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
kristijanf says

If you want expensive one, get Aurora from Lynx. If you want really good best buy, you can take anything from RME.Just have to check which connectivity you prefer. You have very good and cheap RME Fireface 400, or more expensive Firefice 800, or the newest RME UFX.

cheers

QAudioProductions
QAudioProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
36 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Europe
QAudioProductions says

Roland UA55, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 or Native Instruments Komplete 6 are good for the beginning but the king is RME gear. I hope I could help. Best QAudio

147 posts
+2 more
JasonGraham says

I have the Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 and love it. It’s a Firewire interface. Before that, I had an Echo Audiofire. It was OK, but one of the inputs stopped working. I also didn’t like it because it had no hardware monitor volume control. I also seemed to have intermittent miscellaneous audio issues with the Echo. Now that I have the Focusrite, it’s no muss no fuss. It just works and has the hardware volume control. Here it is if you want to check it out. It’s about a $250 unit, so pretty affordable.

http://us.focusrite.com/firewire-audio-interfaces/saffire-pro-14

I’m on a Mac, but the unit should be compatible with Windows as long as you have a firewire port (or can install one).

By the way, I also tried a presonus before the AudioFire. I don’t remember why, but there was something I really hated about it and returned it. Sorry I can’t offer more info on that one.

54 posts
+1 more
almmusic says

Thanks for your suggestions guys, much appreciated. I will check these out.

1993 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+5 more
gballx says

MOTU 2408 MK3 – absolutely rock solid

611 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
+3 more
Basspartout says

Thanks to my generous musicstore here in Berlin I had the chance to test three different interfaces in my studio.
First, I bought the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 which is a good interface IF(!) you dont own an electric guitar with a loud humbucker output. Because you cant reduce the gain as much as it would be necessary and it keeps overloading/distorting.
Focusrite obviously learned from their mistake and their next interface, the 2i4 has a -10db Pad switch and a louder and better headphone output.
This is the one I went for after also testing the Presonus Audiobox22VSL and the Akai EIE pro.

To make it short, these are my results/impressions: Audiobox 22VSL is perfect for Rock and lots of electric guitar. Very powerful sound, as I said little on the rock side. Best latency behaviour of all three, I have to say I also use their software, Presonus Studio One as my DAW.

The AKAI EiE pro. It is definitely the most beautiful AudioInterface on the market ;) , sound was also okay but latency not quite as good, mainly because I think their drivers dont offer enough adjusting yet, but this might change with new versions, the interface is pretty new.
Pros: 4 inputs/inserts, and also USB Hub.

I can say, all three interfaces are great interfaces in this particular price range, it was a matter of sound taste for me and the music I’m mainly procucing atm that I went for the focusrite. In a perfect world I would love a combination of all three ones. Still miss a little the superb latency (really zero latency running it THROUGH the DAW!)of the Presonus. The VSL mixer software that comes with it is great.

52 posts
thepurefinders says

Got to agree with JasonGraham; the Focusrite Saffire range is great value and performance. The pre-amps are pretty snazzy too. Also, the Metric Halo is definitely one to look at if you’ve got the funds. Good luck my friend!!!

954 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
Kurlykovs says
http://line6.com/podstudioux2/ for electric guitar i guess :D i use KB37 but you do have a midi keyboard so you do not need Kb37 :D and it has a Pod farm giving u amps pre amps cabs and effects for all the cool sounds :D
879 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
JohnRosso says
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

I have it

I love it

by
by