- Exclusive Author
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Author was Featured
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Referred between 100 and 199 users
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
Hi there, im actually confused about what to offer buyers in terms of translating the theme.
So I want to ask whether buyers prefer localization – with the .mo and .po malarky or just a panel in the theme options where you can change these strings.
I would like to know this too
There are also plugins available to translate everything in your theme, so no need to reinvent the wheel if your’re going for the theme settings option.
WPML seems like a good plugin for this: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/
I would say .po files are the way to go because if the buyer needs to have the site in multiple languages, how do you address this using translation in the admin panel?
I prefer translation files (.po and .mo). If you add any new string to your core files, you just need to re-compile the language file. But for the other way, you will need to add each one of them to your theme options/ translation panel.