1173 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Motionreactor says
I could design the item prices page, put it on sale, GR can buy it and… problem solved ;)

That’s like asking a philosopher if he thinks too hard will his head explode?

116 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
iWebdezine says
I think we should wait a month or so to see the effect… one day’s not enough time… :) The powers that be have brought the company this far… so we’ve got to trust they’ll do whatever the right thing is, down the line…

Or we can design pitchforks and torches… and have a revolt. ;)

It’s actually possible to have less sales but make more income…

Lol, thats funny…

Eh, so far so good IMO . Quite a few sites work like this, so it shouldnt be nothing new to most folks. Although this is new to me because I just started creating & selling stuff & this is the only place I sale on, except for one other, but its VERY Slow!!

I do think it will detour some people from buying, but at the same time, it will draw in what I consider to be faithful customers (Meaning repeat buyers). Besides, with people having the option to join & save money it gives them the fill of making a deal. Its really not a bad marketing strategy IMO as alot of people do this, its just will it work here!

Like said above, more sales per day, does not mean more money being generated in the long run…

Just my opinion!

84 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Oreius says

I made a sale since the new pricing was started it was from a prepaid account.

but personally I really like the idea cause I don’t always have 20 extra dollars to put into an account that I might only use a little. If all I want is just one object and that’s it I don’t mind paying the extra.

I mean good work deserves good pay I don’t mind giving the author a little extra money seeing as I am an author as well I would hope someone would do the same for me. :)

that’s my 2 cents on it.

50 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Axle_Y says

My sales are really down at the moment. I usually have 2 or 3 a day but I have only had 1 all week. All of my items are on Graphic River so they used to range from $1-5. Now a $2 increase equals a 300% price rise on my $1 items. I am starting to think people are being put off by the new price structure.

369 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+5 more
ibib says
My sales are really down at the moment. I usually have 2 or 3 a day but I have only had 1 all week. All of my items are on Graphic River so they used to range from $1-5. Now a $2 increase equals a 300% price rise on my $1 items. I am starting to think people are being put off by the new price structure.

+ 1

For us ( the graphic river authors ) the high price is making sales go all the way down. I don’t know for other marketplaces but I don’t think that for a wordpress template ( 25 or 30 $ ) a 2 bucks raise imeans that much, but some layer styles a price of 3$ is a bit too high.

In my case from a average of 3-5 sales per day in the last two months, I went down to 1 per day. And that’s not bad for me but also for Envato – From 80 to 120 sales per month in my case to 20 or 30, you lose a lot of incoming cash.

60 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Located in Australia
+4 more
PeterPap says

My sales seem slower than usual also, maybe because it is December? Even with the buy it now price, the graphics on this site are still very cheap. A cup of coffee costs more than some files on Graphic River.

Fairhead_Creative
Fairhead_Creative Recent Posts Threads Started
32 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
Fairhead_Creative says

Since the “Layered Photoshop, Vectors, Icons and Add-ons From 1$” strap-line has become less clear to buyers with the recent increase in price, that may very well have a lot to do with it.

I’m noticing a small hit on sales as well.

Hey, it’s an experiment. Keep on munchin’ yo’ guinea pig celery and carrots and we’ll soon have a right balance in place :P

73 posts
  • Located in Canada
+3 more
cdutson says

+ 1

For us ( the graphic river authors ) the high price is making sales go all the way down. I don’t know for other marketplaces but I don’t think that for a wordpress template ( 25 or 30 $ ) a 2 bucks raise imeans that much, but some layer styles a price of 3$ is a bit too high.

In my case from a average of 3-5 sales per day in the last two months, I went down to 1 per day. And that’s not bad for me but also for Envato – From 80 to 120 sales per month in my case to 20 or 30, you lose a lot of incoming cash.

I totally have to agree here. The 2 dollar increase isn’t much for a wordpress template, but throw it onto a 1 dollar item, and you have a 300% increase in cost. I’m aware that this cost is only for buy now folks, but it’s still a bit of a hitch.

I have to say though, that we cannot pass judgment after only a week of activity. I’ve noticed a drop in my sales as well (not that I make massively substantial ones, but they have dropped in number), but I’m not saying it’s a bad idea. Maybe making the “2 dollars off if you deposit” message should be more prominent?

74 posts
+2 more
alicyone says

I’m experiencing this also. I’ve got no sales in these weeks, I’m beginning to think that the prices are discourages buyers.

318 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
design-spot says

My own problem is that I have several sales per day like i never had before with some christmass illustrations and business cards.But the thing is that i win few money because of the prepaid thing and i get only 0,8 / 0,4 $ ..Not 2$ like before.

So i think it was better before without the prepaid offer (-2$/item).

I don’t sell flash items or templates,which costs on averege of 10$ so i win only from GraphicRiver items,which values less than 6$.

So i think maybe this prepaid thing is good only for themeforest members and activeden which contains items with a value bigger than 10$

by
by
by
by
by
by