• Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 more
trendyWebStar says

You don’t really need any of those.

ThemeForest’s standards require your themes to be compatible with the latest versions of FireFox, Safari, Chrome, Opera and IE7 +. This means you can install these browsers on your computer and then:

• Check FireFox by using its latest release (if your code is clean, it will look the same on its predecessor)
  • Check Safari (again, if your code is clean, the latest version of it will be the only proof you need)
  • On IE8 (or 9), hit the F12 tab and set the Browsermode and Documentmode to IE7 (or IE8 respectively).
  • Chrome will work much like Safari because they are both based on the WebKit platform.

In short, what I am trying to say is that you can check IE7 /IE8/IE9 within one single IE by using its browser/document modes. That is already a huge step, as FireFox, Safari, Chrome and Opera will be much easier to work with; and again, always keep your code clean, structured and organized and it will pay off when you render-out your website ;)

Good luck!
Chris

yeah i’ve check it for IE like you said it.. using IE 9 and pressing F12 … i was thinking more like checking it for firefox 3.2 and similiar. .. but thanks….nice point of view :)

327 posts just a random dude...
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 more
trendyWebStar says

For pesky IE’s this is also usefull : http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage

and yeah i’ve used IE tester . .. but sometimes is seems like it’s not showing 100%. . .like sometimes i open it in IE7 for example and it’s a little different :s

by
by
by
by
by
by