296 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
CodeFusion says

Is there a place that has a list of beta testers?

I have been working on a complex project that deals with htaccess file(s). I have worked out all the bugs I can find (hence it being beta not alpha) when working with my servers (commercial and personal). I just need to make sure it is going to run on other servers without a hitch.

Requirements: Must Have…

• Commercial Hosting: Not with BlueHost or HostRocket (I already tested on both)
  • FTP Access to hosting: just in case ;) (with FTP client that can “see” htaccess files)
  • ability to use htaccess on host! (linux with htaccess privilege.)
  • (personal server with “Common/typical commercial settings” would be ok)

Secondary request: would appreciate it if you had…

• knowledge of htaccess
  • Test/demo website. One that can be “taken down” without consequences. (if bad htaccess config – deleting htaccess will bring it back up – just an fyi)

Rewards:

• Name on “About” page of script if you want.
  • Priority request for features added
  • If you provide sufficient help with debugging (if there are any bugs) you will get a free copy of the script when it is approved on codecanyon – with free updates to the “version 1” series (1.x.x).
Definition of sufficient help is “That didn’t work but this did…”

Description:

I will send you htaccess files / code and have you implement it on your server. There is absolutely no malicious code or anything that will compromise your server!! The htaccess files generated are from a script that I will sell here on codecanyon – so it has to be safe and clean!!. What I need to know is how universal the output of my script will be – hence me want to test on as many different servers as possible.

It would be excellent if you have google wave or buzz for quick communication.

If you are interested please send me an email via my profile contact or my temp email address: iwanabeta@fremonttech.com with the following info:

• Name of Commercial host – just to make sure im not testing on the same host more than once.
  • How comfortable you are with htaccess

Thank You,
FremontTech

296 posts
+3 more
CodeFusion says

A huge thank you to everyone that is helping.

I am still looking for a couple more testers – more specifically someone with a dream host or rackspace account. So far all tests have been successful with no unexpected bugs, but I want to be thorough!

I have redesigned my test procedure so that it is non-evasive. (It wont take down your domain)

All that is required on your parts is to upload my folder to the root of your domain. I check 7 different tests, and then you can delete it – it takes me just a few minutes to make sure the htaccess is working correctly. I check things like redirects, authorization, cache control etc.

If you are interested please send me an email via my profile contact or my temp email address: iwanabeta@fremonttech.com

Again, thank you to the current beta testers!!

no-thumbnail
FrancisLightHouse Recent Posts Threads Started
15 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
FrancisLightHouse says

I would love to be a tester.

I have FTP access, MySql and PHP . I can easily setup a website and with one click I can remove it.

4335 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
Reaper-Media says
I would love to be a tester. I have FTP access, MySql and PHP . I can easily setup a website and with one click I can remove it.

@Francis: As you haven’t activated the contact form on your profile page, and you did not post your email address, you will need to post your email here if you would like for FremontTech to contact you. Or you can just email him via the email address provided :-)

296 posts
+3 more
CodeFusion says

Thank you to everyone that helped!!

Last night my project moved out of beta and is up for review here on CodeCanyon.

Mods, feel free to delete this thread.

Thanks.

4335 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
Reaper-Media says

Thread locked at request :-)

by
by