936 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United Kingdom
+1 more
AlumoAudio says

Finally, is anyone working on that search engine?

Oh yes, I’d completely forgotten about that! ;)

597 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
TortoiseTree says

Let’s look at it from the customer’s perspective. I know as a fact that I’ve used this feature when shopping around on photodune… especially if I’m doing a theme based project, sometimes I want things in a similar genre but I don’t want to buy everything from the same guy as it sometimes makes the presentation look a bit too “static” and “controlled”. It’s really great to have photos of similar genre but with different perspectives and outlooks and I feel the same about the music. It makes AudioJungle an easier place to shop in and helps the customer out. If it encourages customers to buy more from here or buy more often I’m all for it. I’m more than happy to share my exposure and my sales with others if it means we all get more sales on the long run!

Also let’s consider the reverse situation from one everyone is commenting about: “people getting sales by being linked to popular tracks as being similar” on the other hand if you have a less famous track and at the bottom a prestigious author is linked as being similar you can win from that too. Prestigious authors can also win because customers may go “hey (insert author name) has a similar track… he’s really good so I’ll check it out!”. Let’s be patient with this and let’s see how it goes! I have a good feeling we’re all going to win from this!

8 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
MadOzMedia says

May not help the new upcoming Author’s. Customer lands on my page and want’s to buy my file and if he’s given a choice of similar item’s might lead him away and create confusion in his decision and I might loose a sale. If I’m featured on other author’s page and there are top selling author’s, Chances are that I would loose to the top author’s as the client’s decision might be based on the sales and the popularity of the author.

606 posts
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Germany
Basspartout says

Although my first reaction also was ‘OMG :shocked: !! What is ‘AuthorXXX’ doing on my page now!’, (especially if it’s a famous author’s item!) I think in the long run it is a good thing. Customers get to see a lot more similar items from a lot more authors than before. I use the same similar items bar on Photodune everytime I get stuck in a search and still I have my favourite authors I often go to or return to.
Because, let’s face it, how was it until now? People started searching then soon gave up and went to the popular items page and bought the same thing over and over again.

I dont know about you guys, but I have heard MORE than one good Ukulele track here on Audiojungle and if this new similar items feature FINALLY helps getting those tracks more exposure, then it will be a very good thing!

It all depends of course on how good the algorithm will work showing those similar items.
And one rule will always apply:
Even when I go to photodune with the intention to buy something from a new and unknown author, why do I often end up with a picture from Yuri Arcurs? Because his work is so absolutely awesome and professional and it stands out!
Wishing us all lots of sales and success with this new feature and of course, a lot more satisfied customers will bring more customers and that’s good for all of us.
Cheers, Basspartout

666 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
ZtarrZound says

It’s a start. For that alone i’m thankful :) to a degree. Still so, so much more that can and should be done.

936 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • United Kingdom
+1 more
AlumoAudio says

Actually, I take it all back. Just noticed one of my tracks is on AudioQuattro’s Sky track lol! ;)

770 posts
  • Exclusive Author
StudioEtude says

Frankly, this function works not correctly. On my page, I see the author with a similar track, and turn to the page where this track, I do not see my track …? If this is similar to the tracks, my song should also be on this page … thus there is no feedback … I think that the developers must still work on it, but in general, I like this idea. And again, for some reason of similar tracks repeat the same authors, I think there should be different authors with similar tracks … And I noticed that there are authors who have a similar track, the same authors (owners of page) example : http://audiojungle.net/item/old-fashion-dance/2729253

443 posts
  • Latvia
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Depard says

And one more here. My track called “This can’t be the end” and 7 “similar” items. As I see, 6 from 7 items just have word “can’t” in title, and this can’t mean that track is similar:)

Check out here: http://audiojungle.net/item/this-cant-be-the-end/1226604
770 posts
  • Exclusive Author
StudioEtude says

Because, let’s face it, how was it until now? People started searching then soon gave up and went to the popular items page and bought the same thing over and over again.
I dont know about you guys, but I have heard MORE than one good Ukulele track here on Audiojungle and if this new similar items feature FINALLY helps getting those tracks more exposure, then it will be a very good thing!
+100
770 posts
  • Exclusive Author
StudioEtude says

And one more here. My track called “This can’t be the end” and 7 “similar” items. As I see, 6 from 7 items just have word “can’t” in title, and this can’t mean that track is similar:) Check out here: http://audiojungle.net/item/this-cant-be-the-end/1226604

Most likely, this function works with an algorithm based on tags and keywords. If so, then this function will not work correctly because you can write – anything …

by
by
by
by
by
by